Metal slant boards

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystang89

Reaction score
Has anyone with slant boards noticed if the poop and pee tend to "stick" more to the metal slant than to plastic or rubber? I have corregated metal and it doesn't seem to matter the slant. It's a pain to clean especially during the winter months. I'm also trying to get away from putting buckets under the cages as well but I think that seems to be my best option at the moment. What are your experiences?

Yes, when we had slant boards, the metal were more of a pain than the plastic. Of course, we went from corrugated metal to coroplast. The coroplast was sooooo much easier.

We had gutters for the slant boards to run into, and they went to buckets.

Personally, I'm so glad to have a single-level rabbitry open to the floor. But I know that's not really an option for you. :)

or wrap the metal in plastic sheeting...the kind used as insulation barrier. Poop and pee will roll right off. :)

Thanks for all the ideas. Plastic seems like the way to go including the gutters. I'll look into that.

I just cleaned under my 3 cages and it was murder on my back. :x Only let it pile up for a week. I can't wait till we have the funds for the waste system I want. :mrgreen:
I'll be checking to see what your experience is with the plastic.

I like using tarp material as a chute, everything goes where it's supposed to, doesn't stick and is easy to clean/scrape clear

Metal slant boards here. They do get a few "clingers", but I use a long handled car window ice scraper daily, and rinse them down with a hose once a week or so.

The plastic covering isn't a bad idea.

The corrugated metal did get eaten through eventually, too, as did the metal gutters before we went with vinyl for everything. But maybe it wouldn't have happened if we had cleaned the chutes and rinsed them more often. Don't know.

Hubby is building the top of a double-decked grow out cage..he is planing to use a section of the above ground pool we used to have set up when our kids were growing up. The material is a fiberglass reinforced poly..tough stuff..smooth on the inside.I'll let y'all know how it comes out..

Has anyone tried to place laminate/vinyl flooring on the metal? We have some left over from doing our daughter's bathroom. I was thinking that the metal will rust, but if it were covered with the laminate/vinyl flooring it might last longer and solve the sticking dingleberrys.

What are yall's thoughts? :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back