Meet Frankie...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DH called around 11:30 and asked if I had gotten his email - ummm... no? Weeelllll... we have a new animal evidently :roll: . He was walking from plant to plant at work and saw a couple guys huddled up. They called him over and said "Hey Kev! You have kids at home. Don't you want to take a cat to them?" He said well, I guess that should be fine (the last two kittens were so friendly we no longer have them - one got under DH's tire one morning and got run over :cry: - he felt awful when he found out, the other one vanished about the same time Southern States picked up a trailer load of hay from up the hill. ODS said he saw her by it, and given her fondness of hitching rides in vehicles and on trailers we're thinking she was in it when they closed it up that afternoon) - he said he went to get a better box than what they had, but they were gone by the time he got back... just the closed up cardboard box sitting there. He didn't know what to expect! All he knew is the guy trying to get it out from under the metal ramp had big leather gloves on :x . He took the box to his office and had an audience as he slooowwwllly opened it up to peek inside. He found a cute kitten face peeking up at him. He hesitantly stuck his finger in by it, not sure if it would attack or not, and it just nuzzled up to it. He was sold :lol: . He had planned on just keeping it in the box for the afternoon, but its crying was attracting a bit too much attention. One lady offered to hold him while DH was on a conference call, and it was happy as could be. Not a peep. He's not sure if it's feral, or someone dumped it. It's friendly as can be, and definitely wants company. He rode home in his lap (20 minute commute, so it's rare for him to be here at lunch). Poor thing is skinny as can be, but was eagerly eating so hopefully just hasn't eaten in a while. We have already told the kids not to get too attached just yet, just in case. The face is all Tabby, the body is a neat mixture of markings - a couple stripes down the back, and some splotches here and there. It only has half a tail - not sure if it somehow got cut/bit off, or if it was born that way??

Frankie is the guy that got it out, we figured that would work for male or female. I'm leaning towards male right now... can't quite tell for sure. We gave it a bath as soon as it came in the door b/c it has fleas - Dawn dish soap took care of most of them.

You can kinda sorta (not really) see the tail in this one, curled up by it's feet. Where it ends at the cage bar? That's all it has...

Thankfully he's stopped hanging out in the litter box and found the warm, comfy towel instead. Pretty well zonked out now that the kids have gone to their rooms for rest time... purring quite contentedly...

(My youngest insisted it needed a truck to play with)

looks a right smart little fellow. Enjoy him.

If he had fleas...you'll be looking into deworming him then too I suppose...

ladysown":wed8bn64 said:
looks a right smart little fellow. Enjoy him.

If he had fleas...you'll be looking into deworming him then too I suppose...

I figured probably so... I have no idea how old he is to know what to use though. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm __________ <br /><br /> More pics with a better camera -

Turned a felted sweater into a cat pod type thing...

Male???

Shows some of it's neat marking, and it's poor nubby tail:

He is adorable!

He has the body type of a Manx, so I think his tail is naturally short, not an injury.

They are super cool cats- very dog like in their behavior. :)

alforddm":1lsngrde said:
Looks like a male kitty to me.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the "neat marking/nub tail" picture, but I'd need a closer peek at the nether region to be sure. At any rate, Frankie is as cute as can be, nub tail and all! Love the pattern on his side. He looks very comfortable and happy. Thanks for giving the little one a home.

heritage":hrnqcjkf said:

Definitely. :yes:

He is also what is known as a "Classic Tabby"- that's the name of the swirly pattern that he has. "Mackeral Tabbies" have vertical stripes.

OK, so I can be officially correct when I call him a he now... the girls might be a bit disappointed though. I haven't seen much kitten anatomy, but I don't remember our female ever looking like that.

Definitely not feral, if he was, you wouldn't be able to touch him. The biggest mistake people make between feral and stray animals is that feral animals ('specially cats) are literally wild animals, and act like you'd expect a wild animal to act. Though a kitten that young could easily be tamed with time and patience if it was feral.

So, probably some moron who let their cat have kittens and then decided they didn't want to take care of them. (I'm all for kittens, my cats have kittens every spring, but I'm responsible about it and don't dump them on other people :lol: )

Also, he's definitely a male.

MamaSheepdog":q1chyic7 said:
He is also what is known as a "Classic Tabby"- that's the name of the swirly pattern that he has. "Mackeral Tabbies" have vertical stripes.
I did not know that! I've had a few tub fulls of "Mackeral" tabbies over the years, but never ever a "Classic". Hm, the two shimmying around the house right now have a new title...

Back