Mama0san and Peter, new season episode

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
After being separated by the cruel cruel fence...each one coming over to the offending barrier and lying down...snuggling up to each other as best they could, THE HAND managed to get ahold of Mama and she was reunited with her Romeo :D There was much...er....cuddling for the first day, and then it was back to normal old married couple routine.
"honey, time to make love!@!", says Peter.
"I've got a headhache", says Mama.
"but dear! You just lay there and let me massage your head a while..and THEN we'll make love!", says Peter as he grooms Mama-sans face and ears..and then tries to sneak around the back. :roll:
As Mama gets weary of this game after a day or two and starts GROWLING at him (he slinks off into the corner), he tried a few different tactics: waiting until she was busy at the feed trough; bringing her his half of the carrot; waiting until THE HAND put a big pile of hay in the cage....but no luck. So Peter settled for just lying next to her, and Mama started lying next to her older kits in the next cage.

Mama has now moved into her own Condo, complete with bed chamber and toilet facilities (which she refuses to use as a litterbox, btw) and she immediately grabbed every scrap of hay in the place and nested. :eek: I fully expected to cmoe home to a box full of bunnies. BUT...no luck. She's heavy and slow, but looks all perky and happy. (unlike her usual demeanor of sullen and angry).

Peter, on the other hand, lonely bachelor that he is now, looks kind of sad :( poor guy. I think he's actually going to enjoy living in the colony. Plenty of company and hopefully 3 ladies to choose from :)

Thanks for the great new episode of "As the Bunny Turns"! It's my favourite soap opera. :D Although "Niobe's Way" was also a favourite until Friday, when I understand his wild ways were scheduled to meet an abrupt end. :( I haven't viewed that episode yet, but it is sure to be a heart-breaker.

Bunny Soaps! Gotta love 'em!

Pass the popcorn, please.

:) poor poor peter

Niobe's way continues - don't be doubting that boy one bit - a little surgery isn't keeping him down
he bit the tech - HE NEVER bites and is telling his woeful tale to anybody who will listen so far

I don't think his inate character will be touched by his hospital visit - I'd really like it if his male agression settles just a little though - biting to draw blood is not nice ;)

No, you're right, Brody... attacking the other male rabbits is going to far. Maybe the reduction in hormones will settle him down. Glad there are no plans to cancel "Niobe's Way"... I do enjoy his exploits... except this last one!

the best thing from my point of view is once we head east Niobe can live with the 2 does full time without risk of random colony pregnancies (one doe is getting up there in years breeding wise)

I've been thinking thinking and thinking (always dangerous) and my current plan (YAH WE ALL KNOW IT WIlL CHANGE ..) is keeping 2 jw does, Niobe, Popple,(none of whom require a lot of coat care) Puff Daddy, Franklin and a pair/trio of french Angoras ... and THAT's IT

that's Franklin in a double gp cage indoors, Puff in a hutch, Niobe and does in a run together, and Popple in a hutch (hopefully with a buddy) the angoras in a group run that the buck can be split away from when I want ... 5 spaces to manage really

Today Mama-san is laying on her side next to the nestbox, belly just laying out there to the side of her body. well, actually, she's laying on her middle, and her belly is laying out to BOTH sides...like this big black bumpy puddle. :x: She looks HAPPY. I swear..she's got a smile on her mouth. lips. er...flews. or whatever rabbits have.

Peter is still sitting in the middle of his cage with his back to the door. Sulking. Didn't eat last night :( Mike went up earlier this afternoon to tempt him with some Romaine and Carrots.

CHUCK however, is in hog heaven. er, bunny Bahamas? (whatever buck paradise would be) He's in with the 3 angora does in the colony. WOOHOOO!!! Of course none of them are letting him MOUNT or anything funny like that..but at least they haven't shredded his privates yet. I took the junior girl out and she's in a cage, floor level, watching everything with great interest. I wish I could put her in with the New Zealand kits...they're the same size even tho they're 6weeks younger than she is, but she's just going to have to be on her own for a couple of weeks.

Chuck is in with the girls???

hwo cool - I want to see all of them preggars this go round :)

Brody":1dhool6i said:
Chuck is in with the girls???

hwo cool - I want to see all of them preggars this go round :)
Well, if they DO all kindle in a month, I'll be bringing you a few :D You just want to see me go stark staring mad, don't you? :lol:

Truthfully, I hope they all are pregnant, too. I'm hoping that the hormone change helps CB's temper a bit, and I REALLY want her to give me some more bunnies. my goodness her kits were lovely. FatLittleBunnies had lovely wool, but CBs were glorious. And Vienna. I'm anxious to see what she presents me with :D She's got a LOT of orange...er, blue torte, in her background. (now watch her kindle 8 blacks)

And Chuck deserves a bit of vacation in "the playboy bunny camp". He's such a sweetheart boy. (although he DID try to get away from me when I picked him up this morning.)

Should be an exciting spring for you, Ann. Hope all your does pop out lots of cute powder puffs. :D

Brody, I think your plan sounds great... It's still a lot of rabbits, but five pens/hutches should be manageable.

No Popples yet :( But maybe it's 'cuz she's so BIG she doesn't fit in the box! :lol: She just waddled over to the feeder and munched a few pellets, so I gave her some alfalfa hay thinking she'd like a treat this morning.

WELL! she dragged her belly over to the pile, nosed it a moment, and then just settled down into the center of it like a harem queen setting on her pillows. :roll: Big old smile on her face as she laid there, taking a nibble of alfalfa leaf.

Peter ate over night, so that's good. This morning he's laying next to the Kits' cage, 2 of the kits laying with him. I think he's REALLY going to enjoy the colony at the farm. (hmm...that sounds bad, doesn't it? "the colony at the farm". kind of a cross between a hippie thing and Orwell.)

I JUST realized that the kits are 12 weeks old! :eek: The boy is quite friendly, and the girl I'm thinking about keeping is really nice and round. Since they're on hay and grains as well as pellets, I think it will be another couple of weeks before they reach maturity.

Chuck is still trying over there in the angora colony. He lays in wait in one of the tunnels and when a girl hops by he darts out and chases her. So far tho, I've not seen any successes. The girls, of course, are in tip top shape from running around in the colony for the last 6 months. Chuck is like a couch potato, tho. poor boy. But...we'll see how it goes over the next month. I'll just leave him in the colony until I see some nest building. Or he meets me at the door some morning with his bags in his paws begging to be let out! ;)

I just checked the records on her last 2 pregnancies...blah. I'd been thinking it was 30 days for both. NOPE! 31 for the Christmas litter and 32! for the first litter with us. SO, today is only day 30. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the next day. No wonder she's just laying around looking like a cat with a bowl of cream. :cool: and now that I look back, Cathleen said she went 31 to 33 days for her, too.

In other news, tho, Chuck was lying down next to Chocolate Bunny, each with a chunk of hay sticking out the their mouth. :) that was encouraging. Since I'm not pressed to have more angoras, I'll just leave him in with them and hope for the best. (I think I said that already, but I'm old and forgetful)

As to the thread and getting away with it...I was just reading some of the threads I did over there, and there are comments right along in the fun from a number of people who later on got all high and mighty about it. :shrug: Doesn't really matter anymore :D The cyboshing we got didn't dampen MY enthusiasm for fun with critters, so :razz2: on 'em!

Now if my chicken eggs will just hatch......

Back