Mama hen and her adopted babies...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to check on them, nowhere in sight. Saw some black feathers peeking out - found them all crammed behind the nest boxes (it's on older one that used to have a conveyor belt running through to gather eggs). Dingbat mama hen was sitting on an egg in addition to the chicks. I actually had 2 broodies and stuck the chicks under a different one, but when I went out the next morning she had "stolen" them so I just let it go. I think she's kind of confused :x . She's still taking care of them though, so whatever.

4 little bantams - who knows what kind (there was one yellow one, but it didn't make it through the night. I wonder if it got stepped on) It was all they had left so I figured it was worth a shot... I mainly got them to get the broody hens off their nests since they were unsuccessful hatching any eggs) and a lone Guinea keet. One of the bantams has feathered feet which are too cute!

Fluffy butts running from the monster camera:

Can you spot the odd ball in the group? :lol:

This one wasn't cooperating too well... all I wanted was a picture of it's feet!! I have never had a variety with feathered feet and actually didn't notice it initially.

Ohhh, I love chickens!
Nice lil bunch you got there!!
Here's my "fuzzy" footed "pullet" ... :lol: :lol: "She" was a rescue before "s"he started crowing :x

Attachments

• big guy.jpg
    big guy.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 358
jeannie":ved54wzu said:
Ohhh, I love chickens!
Here's my "fuzzy" footed "pullet" ... :lol: :lol: "She" was a rescue before "s"he started crowing :x
One thing I was reading on sexing young chicks is that the males with feathered feet get them sooner than females - so if the other 3 are the same breed, I am guessing 1 cockerel and 3 pullets, which is a pretty nice mix! I do have one other bantam hen roaming around as well (did have a rooster to pair with her, but I guess my bigger one chased him off... no idea what happened to him).

jeannie":9367xl2n said:
Ohhh, I love chickens!

Hey, if you're going to have a rooster, might as well be a pretty one! He's gorgeous!!

Back