Lost my Job

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had to move and/or lost your job since the economy "fell"?

• No, I have been very secure in my place of work/home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I didn't work before.

• No, I am retired.

• I own my own business and have been afraid of slipping profits

• I owned my own business, but was unable to continue

• I work for a company and am afraid of being downsized

• I work for a company and have been downsized

• I lost my home (owned or otherwise) due to money issues.

• Total voters

Shara

Reaction score
Company is downsizing, and they couldn't afford to pay us, so we got the axe. I guess the economy is still hitting apartment owners. No one wants to rent, and if they do, they cram as many people into one apartment as they can.

On the one hand, we are sad to leave friends and hubby's family, on the other hand, we are also leaving the city, and moving close to my (highly superior) family. It is crazy thinking that we are moving AGAIN. And a little bit scary. At least I will be able to keep my bunnies (I am certain of it) and depending on where we move, Scott may be guarrenteed a job. (we have to find a place to live, first.)

So I am sad and upset, and thought I'd post here. *sniff*

oh DEAR! That pretty much sucks! I sure hope you can find a place to live and quick, or you may have to move IN with your, um, vastly superior family! (ehhee..I like that phrase..)

good luck! (me...I wasn't working a regular type job before the recession, so while my income went down, at least I didn't lose a full job.
(unfortunately, the poll option doesn't seem to be working, atm. maybe it's me, tho. )

Poll won't work for me, either. Wonder what I did wrong? Anyways, yeah this is the SECOND time we've worked for a company that had to downsize, and we were one of the ones that got the snip. LAst time, the desision process was made because o a conflict with the owners, this time, we were just the most expendable people in the company. The complex won't have onsites, anymore, and so I know the place is going to go down hill. It makes me sad, because we had investe alot into this place, but, hopefully it will lead to greener pastures.

It really sucks what the economy is doing to people's lives. But there is a silver lining to the cloud... It is making people take a look at their expensive lifestyles and get back to basics. In the long run, it's probably a good thing for both our countries. Hard on folks in the short run though!

Hang in there, Shara. From what I know about you, I think you'll be far happier out of the city. And hang onto those bunnies! They'll fit in great in a rural home.

sorry to hear! you definitely have a good outlook though, and glad you are able to rely on family help. good luck!

Shara,
it's always a bad thing to lose a job.
I hope the Sun Shines on your new location.
Every time a door closes, HE opens a window!
All blessings on a new and fruitful adventure.
It is nice to see that YOU are looking on the bright side.
Best of luck to you and yours.
Dennis, C.V.R.

My husband didn't lose his job, but he probably was about to. He quit and we moved at the end of April, and he found a job a month ago. Took him a while, after carpet-bombing the city with resumes, but it's a good job -- better than the one he left -- and we are thankful.

Hopefully, you will have a similar experience, and this job loss will lead to a better situation!

God bless you and your family!

Oh, Shara, so sorry to hear that. You are sure to land on your feet--you have rabbits, right? :roll:

I am crazy--I quit my hated job and am going back to school in this nutty economy. I hope there is a job for me when I get out! Makes me extra nervous about hubby's job now that it is the only one, and is a large part of why we are back to raising rabbits--my way of soothing my fears.

Sorry to hear that, it's not a good feeling experience to lose a job. I was let go Feb. /08 from a job I was 11 1/2 years at and wasn't planning on leaving. It's been a tough go of it since then but I've been cutting expenses, reducing debt and refinanced my mortgage last Feb. My expenses are low enough now that I can live on EI if I lose my job again so that gives me a little peace of mind. Still hope it never happens, though!

Of course, it is never far from our minds that in this economy, any job could be temporary... so we are doing what we can to work on more self-sufficiency. We may live on only something like 1/3 acre, but we can do more than we could living in the apartment we just moved from!

Sorry to hear about that- my company closed earlier this year and I lost my job, too. It might seem like things are bad now, but I think sometimes these things happen for a reason. I would have never been able to go to nursing school if I hadn't been given that pink slip and I hope that this rocky road leads you to a bright new future, too. :)

Lauren

Thanks guys, you are so great! I am feeling better in some ways now, worse in others. I just keep looking forward to see what good things will come...

I was a Realtor before I had my baby. The market was starting to nosedive as I left to stay home. It's hard to make ends meet. I was a large breadwinner of the family (on average more than my hubby) so, it's a hit to lose an entire income. I'm doing my best to live within our values of not wasting, growing and harvesting and cooking what we can harvest. Fortunately, we live in a bountiful area of salmon and shellfish and deer and plants and fruit. And I grew up knowing my way around the woods, so, we get by. Eating organic is important to me with a baby and that can get expensive. I'm anxious to get my rabbitry going to become more self-sufficient and possibly generate some income.

Shara, will you by chance be moving closer to my neck of the woods?? :)

lol, probably not, although I'd love to. Seems like we are going to land in Burns (high desert, sagebrush = ick)

But thats were Scott (hubby) has a job waiting, and thats where my family is. At least its a rural town. Maybe I can have chickens, lmao. my bro and hub will probably DIE when they realize what my plans are....

^^^hubby just got home and I was showing him how I'd planned to re-purpose a very old crib into a rabbit cage... and an old dresser into a roost for the chickens we don't have, lmao! He's slowly coming along.. maybe even thinking of moving up in land size just to get this baby really going like my ideas are starting to become!

I want more rabbits right now! (tantrum stomp stomp)

dandee":2bxs4ex0 said:
^^^hubby just got home and I was showing him how I'd planned to re-purpose a very old crib into a rabbit cage... and an old dresser into a roost for the chickens we don't have, lmao! He's slowly coming along.. maybe even thinking of moving up in land size just to get this baby really going like my ideas are starting to become!

I want more rabbits right now! (tantrum stomp stomp)
:rotfl:

Back