lost doe with 7 kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champange

Reaction score
Went out side to check on doe, day 31 her nest box was in she just made a nest last night and looked fine just 1 hour before.anyway i go out in the garage and she was just laying on her side eyes open but not responding like they normally do.so i stuck my hand in the cage to give her a nudge and she just lay there so im like wtf ,but i no she dying so i call my wife and grab the pellet gun cause she dont look good at this point.then as quick it begin she gave a few flops and 2 hard breaths that was it gone.so again im like wtf there babies in there ewww should i try to save them.i tried it was not good actually gross none survived i think birth complications killed her because once i untwised where the babies where blood gushed out of her rear.either way i have shot many wild animal with no hesitation but that was different it was messed up i actually feel bad like u would when a pet dies even though i was going to cull some small litter have doe anyway and she was on that list.of course her largest litter to date for me would be the one she only had litter 1and 4 kits in almost 10 months of owning these buns owell.

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose an animal in your care. Whether it be a beloved pet or livestock that you only spend a couple hours with each day. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry.
This happened nearly exactly to us about 2 weeks ago~ doe in distress (day 30) and then gone and we opened her up to see if we culd save any kits but all (11) were gone with dam (she died of bloat).

i'm so sorry this happened. even my most experienced hunter friends say its hard to see my rabbits go. (i pay them in beer n pizza to help slaughter)

Latest posts

Back