Looking for Article for Use in Group

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cspr

Reaction score
Soooo...I think I found one of my favorite pieces on why vegetarianism/veganism isn't the be all, end all and I wanted to share it with some friends, related to rabbit raising, but I can't remember the author or the title. :? Because of course. :lol:

I know it opened with her talking about the Green Mountain College oxen and how we'd gotten to the point we're not even willing to eat the remains of animals that have to be put down because of injuries that would make their lives miserable. It went on about how the author had once been a vegetarian, but because of world travel, she turned back to meat. Why? She released animals were still dying for her plate anyway, but they were even more so out of sight, out of mine. The turkey bones/feathers/blood used as fertilizer, land cleared in foreign countries where endangered animals used to roam (see: palm oil and orangutans), etc. Then she got into how important it was not to just avoid eating animals, but to focus on animal welfare and maintaining the natural order.

It was surprisingly fair and I liked it and I need to share it! :p I think the author was a woman? (Considering they're more than half the population, I see how little that helps you, buuuut...)

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Back