Lixit Flip Top Water Bottles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highland Rabbitry

Reaction score
Does anyone own these? I was thinking about getting a few. I just have the normal Lixit bottles and have been using them for years. So I would like to know if the flip top bottles hold up. The other thing is instead of a spring holding the bottle it looks like they have a plastic clamp. I am worried that the rabbits would chew on this plastic clamp. Any info on these would be great. Thank you

ps- below is a link to show the exact bottle I am talking about -

http://www.lambertvetsupply.com/Lixit-Flip-Top-Water-Bottles_p_2757.html?opt=14732&gclid=CjwKEAiAxsymBRCegqiLzI7Q1S8SJADOgQrzAZNibYOib4H7_Xmwh-411icDlEz13biDH-CN1mdn_xoCQZLw_wcB

I have one I use sparingly, when it's not freezing. It has held up well, and has not been chewed. However, I have nly used it with a non-chewing doe and her kits. The kits did fine with it.

I only own one, but my doe wouldn't drink out of it due to the pin instead of the metal ball on the end. I have yet to try it out on any other rabbit. She didn't chew it at all, but she didn't drink out of it, like I said before. I would recommend it if your rabbits aren't picky with what their water bottles are like. Hope this helped! :D

I use about 40 of them and I love them. They are easy to fill and easy to take on and off the cages. The bottle will crack if you let it freeze solid, but that is only problem I have found with them. I have many extras and usually just swap them out before they freeze solid.

I have only ever had one rabbit who refused to drink from them and that rabbit was latter sold. Mostly you just have to give them a little time to figure them out.

I've never had a rabbit chew on the plastic holders.

I have one. It doesn't fit my bottle routine, since I bring them inside to fill. When it's cold out and I bring water outside to the crocks I can't use it either, since it would freeze.

We hated them as my weak hands would struggle to get the bottle on or off the clamp. Also managed to crack them and my English Lops wouldn't use them consistently either. We just use the standard bottles now and hope to transition to an automatic watering system in the future. Best of luck!

I also appreciate hearing the feedback on these. Seems most like them. I might have to try them. I recently purchased the glass Lixit water bottles (not flip top) and am very pleased with them!

I hate them. I have three that were purchased this summer, all have cracks or leak now. Not good if you live in a cold climate.

We have 18 rabbits. Had 2 of these flip top bottles. Don't really like them. Some rabbits can't figure out how to drink from the pin in the end (there isn't a ball like normal bottles). We don't use them anymore. Too expensive for what they are.

Back