Litters, litters everywhere.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6riversfarms

Reaction score
Who else has litters in the box?

I had 15 does due over the last few days and all but one kindled succesfully! Time to hit facebook, craigslist, make sure my flyers around town are still up, and take out a couple adds in local papers.

I am supposed to be trimming the herd down but I can't make myself stop! I got the sickness.

Wow your rabbit population exploded! Congratulations! What do you raise? I have just three litters right now. They are 1.5 weeks old their eyes are just starting to open.

6riversfarms":3e69fle7 said:
Who else has litters in the box?
I only have 4 litters

I had 15 does due over the last few days and all but one kindled succesfully! I have only 4 does due Time to hit facebook, craigslist, make sure my flyers around town are still up, and take out a couple adds in local papers.

I am supposed to be trimming the herd down but I can't make myself stop! I got the sickness.
I don't know about this sickness you are talking about, but I do consider you very very brave :lol:

Well I have been in the rabbit barn for a good portion of the day today. Goodness gracious do I have some kits. Sold 3 seniors today so I freed up some precious cage space. I can't wait for the kits to start developing so I can choose new breeders from them. I have some foundation does that are closing in on 3 years old that I need to ch ooze replacements for. This is where my linebreeding should pay off. I hope to be able to get some litter pictures uploaded tomorrow.

Yup Grumpy they do. The doe you gave me has a fat happy litter of 7 right now herself. I have 5 of her daughters that have litters right now as well, not to mention her grandaughters lol.

6riversfarms":e5x2e4tk said:
Yup Grumpy they do. The doe you gave me has a fat happy litter of 7 right now herself. I have 5 of her daughters that have litters right now as well, not to mention her grandaughters lol.

:p :p Sure glad they're doin' good for you. "Sometimes" all it takes is
one good rabbit and you're off and runnin'.

How long have you had her, Six? When ya headed back up this way?

Grumpy.

I wanna say it was August 2012 when I got her. She should be going on 3 years old. I currently have 20 breeding age rabbits that have one or both of the two rabbits I got from you in their lineage. That is over half my current breeders.

I dunno when I'll be headed up that way Grumpy. If you want a trapping partner/student for a week this season I may would make the trip up lol. I got a strong back and a willing mind. I could return the favor you did me and bring you a couple of rabbits. Thinking of coon/mink trapping Iowa for a few weeks season after the upcoming one as well. That is on my trapping bucket list as well as partnering up with you. I'm to hard headed to let a bum market get me down.

You'd be welcomed anytime, 6. The trapping may well be a fond memory
with my remaining days.
Unfortunately, my health took a severe downward turn a couple of years ago.
It improved, but not to what it was before. I'm limited, unfortunately and
there's not a helluva lot I can do about it. So, consequently, my rabbits take
up most of what free time I have.

grumpy.

Here is a picture of my one day old Cali's. First time mama. There's 10 of them and I noticed this morning that 2 looked much smaller than the others. 8 nipples = 2 not eating? I have another doe that has been without her kits for about 10 days and she is due next week. Would it be possible to put those 2 with her. But then I may end up with the same issues with her litter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 322
Those two little ones on the left look like they have been eating to me. It is pretty standard to have a runt or two. If the next doe to Kindle has a smaller litter it wouldn't hurt to put the two runs in with her. May not help, but it sure won't hurt lol.

I took some pics yesterday but I have a brand new android phone and haven't figured out how to post pics from it yet. My desktop is down and needs to go.to.the shop.

It's best if you just cull them. You'll have more time and feed in them than
what they're worth. They'll just take away from the others, and slow them
down as well.

grumpy":2co6tq2n said:
You'd be welcomed anytime, 6. The trapping may well be a fond memory
with my remaining days.
Unfortunately, my health took a severe downward turn a couple of years ago.
It improved, but not to what it was before. I'm limited, unfortunately and
there's not a helluva lot I can do about it. So, consequently, my rabbits take
up most of what free time I have.

grumpy.

Well grumpy at least you are alive and kicking. Me and the boy may make a road trip this summer. I have a hankering to see some new country. I'm pretty sure Corey hasn't ever been north of the Arkansas Ozarks. He will be 17 in a few days. We need a little adventure.

Latest posts

Back