Lionhead doe with wet nose

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northwinds Rabbitry

Reaction score
Hey there
1st of I am new to RR haven't been on to long so hello everyone :).
Anyway I have lionhead doe who has a wet nose and a tiny tiny amount of colored gunk I guess you can call it and it's very small her eyes are clear and i don't hear any sneezing at all?
Anyone have any suggestions? (i did have her housed with another doe for a while who later died and had a case of snuffles)
Thanks a bunch!

I may be a mild case of snuffles. Snuffles and spread to the whole herd so she may have gotten it from the other doe who had it.

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Northwinds! :welcome:

It certainly could be snuffles caught from the doe that died. You need to keep her in quarantine and use good isolation protocols so you don't carry it from her to your other rabbits.

Many people euthanize a rabbit that shows any sign of snuffles, but others prefer to take a wait and see approach. Examine the rabbit carefully. Occasionally a bit of hay or bit of grain etc. can get lodged in a nostril and cause discharge. If your temperatures are very hot, that can cause moisture around the nose. I hope it is something that simple, but if you cannot find the reason for the problem and/or she gets worse, you will need to consider what is best to do for her and for your other rabbits.

Please keep us updated so we can try to help.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies:) I know it's a long time later lol anyway and update I guess:
She seems to be doing fine although every once in a while she still gets a very small Amount of green ish stuff but it is so so tiny and it doesn't run out, still I have herd no sneezing at all (i have treteed with penicillin twice.(it could very well be from the heat is had that in mind aswell)
Anyway she is still in quarantine and I'm not overly concerned about her she is eating and drinking back to normal and all also I'm curious to know if it would be safe to breed her in the spring of 2014??

Thanks so much! :)

Back