Latest litter...AM Chin x Cali mutt

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone soup farm

Reaction score
These are my latest litter. This cross has gained weight better than my others- which include NZ x CA and Satin x CA, but I know it all matters what your stock is. I wish the grey and black were does..both bucks :(

We will be processing at the end of this month or so and that will be the true test.

Whoops...first picture is 5 weeks and 2nd picture is 3 weeks<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm __________<br /><br />Bred my pure Am Chins so I will get to see how those compare to this mix.

Attachments

• s3 7-13.jpg
    s3 7-13.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 341
  • sab 5 weeks.jpg
    sab 5 weeks.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 341
Wait, so what are the rabbits pictured? How did you get brokens from an Amchin and a californian?
I only get himi, chin & black. All are solids.

Also, what do your weigh at 5wks?
My last Chin x Cali is now 5.28 weeks, same size as the pure cali and those are the same age as well, if not a day older. They look and feel real small. Was going to weigh them, but a sudden nasty tstorm came through. Will check them later.
Both Cali are the same buck, the new better buck I got. No difference in growth when crossing my old gals with the better rabbit. I had also switched to 18% pellet. :/ It's really disappointing. Can only hope when breeding the new stock to other new stock, the growth will be better. Otherwise...why bother at all. :/<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 pm __________<br /><br />Thinking about it, someone must of had broken hidden?

Both litters are averaging 1.5 pounds at 5.28 weeks old. Still seems small to me....

What a nice looking litter! I love those broken chins too! Super cute! Would love a liitle broken buck like yours to go with my chinchilla colored doe. [[Sigh]] But we're on opposite sides of the country! Darn it! :(
Oh well. They're beautiful! :)

Flemishstar":24zle7db said:
UM hello..I want that Dark one in the second pic..behind the broken...is it a doe :) SOOOO CUTE

I have that show up all the time. But in my Fox x Chin cross, not Fox x Cali crosses. They are agouti, no?

Wait....how did you get agouti with your Cali x Chin??
I didn't think that was possible, I thought only steels would be possible with that....

ChickiesnBunnies":iusnuwxh said:
Wait, so what are the rabbits pictured? How did you get brokens from an Amchin and a californian?

:yeahthat: Is the Cali mutt a broken?

ChickiesnBunnies":iusnuwxh said:
I like the one in the 2nd pic, all by himself.

Back off, CnB! That one is mine, ALL MINE!!! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaah!

StoneSoup is in California, so I can beat you all to it! :twisted:

I think the bunneh mentioned is also the one in front in the first pic, so it has an outgoing personality, too! :p

StoneSoup... you aren't tempted to keep a broken doe?

Back