Last Fling Tan's. Review/critique my site.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first thing I noticed was how strikingly beautiful the rabbits were presents, your color scheme certainly made them pop out.

I like I like.
they sure are a pretty breed.
you have buck besides Scup's pic instead of black.

Thanks, it's been corrected, and glad you like! Hope your herd is dealing with the recent heat okay, and now TS Beryl to top it off. Are you expecting to be impacted?

Very nice website! I couldn't keep my eyes off those rabbits!! I especially like how you used the wooded area as a backdrop for each rabbit's photo and I also liked how you pictured the one buck (?) with his trophies. Then you automatically know he's a winner! Your show page was very informative and it was nice to see the winning legs of each rabbit all in one place as well as what shows you're planning to attend. That was a very nice feature. I also thought your color choices were perfect to show off the tan's color and I enjoyed reading about your start in tans. Really, I couldn't find anything wrong or unattractive about your site.

Agree about showing the rabbit with his trophies. It would have been nice to see the listing of what he won though.

I really like your site and your rabbits are beautiful!

On the Available page, even if you don't have any available it might be a good idea to put some purchasing information there. For example, the type of care and housing the rabbits would need, the minimum age you sell, if you have any does that are pregnant, temperament info about the rabbits, why NOT to by this particular breed, etc. Something to help the prospective purchaser know if this is the type of rabbit they'd want, the amount of care it will need and why they would want to wait to purchase from you.

Gorgeous rabbits! I keep going back to look at them!

I like it nice and clean looking and easy to navigate. I am in the process of building mine also. I did a brief history of the breed on my site and a small intro on how I got into rabbits. I also added a blog so I can write about various things and shows I attend. I was originally wanting to get Tans. I got great info from a couple people but was having trouble finding breeders that weren't 1,000 miles away from me.

I would play around with the fade function on the banner if I were you. The text overlaps the pictures and the pattern, and it's a bit jarring to the eye. Maybe having the pictures fade into the red pattern or slightly smaller text would do it. It's a really minor nitpick though! The layout is really amazing. I think you hit the nail on the head with the color scheme. I also like the big button links!

Thanks everybody for the critiques. Some great ideas/suggestions have been shared. I intend to implement some of these in the near future. Stay tuned. Thanks again<br /><br />__________ Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 am __________<br /><br />And also, thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them. Thanks again.. :thankyou:

Looks good! It's easy to find where everything is, my personal definition of a well designed website, and you have it. That and not having colors and fonts that make my eyes bleed.

However, an about page wouldn't go amiss. Having all the information someone would be looking for on one page is helpful to people who have been looking through a lot of websites for something. Also for that reason, I would suggest you make your location more prominent. I'm sooooo glad you mention your location though. Again, if you're searching through a lot of websites, you want to spend as little time on each one as possible determining if it even has what you want, and location is part of that. One time I had to puzzle out the location of a company based on what its delivery area was, when it could have just said "We're in Ohio, don't bother".

Back