Large white diamond marking appearing overnight?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courta19

Reaction score
IMG_4425.jpgIMG_3167.jpgIMG_4549.jpgView attachment 2So my about 8 month old bunny, Nugget, was entirely off-white when I rescued her. She has been gradually getting more gray over the months, but this has been happening VERY gradually. Then, about a week ago, I woke up one morning, shocked, because her head had become DRASTICALLY more gray overnight! I handle my rabbits every day, and if it were as gradual as her overall graying, I would have noticed. And then, last night, another very strange thing happened. I woke up this morning to find her with a pure-white diamond marking on her head, which had 100% definitely not been there the night before (pictures attached). This seems like such a drastic and defined change to have occurred only over night, so I'm wondering what is going on! Also, I can't seem to place her breed. She has lop ears, and in the pictures I have attached you see her with my other rabbit, who is a pure-bred holland lop. She has the lop ears, but is not stocky and does not have a large, square head like my holland does. She is more lithe and slender, but when I googled different lop breeds, she didn't quite seem to fit any of the distinct categories. So, if anyone can give some insight on either her strange, overnight color changes or what breed she might be, your information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!!!

She is moulting out her lighter summer fur and replacing it with her winter coat which is coming in darker because she is a frosty (or sable point), a colour which is temperature sensitive

Back