Ladson South Carolina show

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexisbest

Reaction score
Making the drive up from Florida for this show, heard it was fantastic last year and hoping it will be so again! They are even having a judging contest to help prepare youth for Convention :D
Anyone else attending?

Too far for us but have a great time!

Its in AC, right? Bet the buns and exhibitors love that. Like the idea of the youth judging contest.

Have a great time and I hope you bring home lots of ribbons!

I've got it on the calendar and am trying to make arrangements to be there. Hopefully it will all come together. Yep, it's in AC. If if wasn't I wouldn't even think about it. Also, rabbits can be dropped off at the show room on Friday evening with prior notification to the show sponsors of your intent. The facility is locked up overnight and I believe has a security guard.

Yes, Lastfling I heard that too about show room.... heard it was a great show last year and was really well run and I love going out of state to show, get to see new folks and it's not the same rabbits against each other time and time again.

I wish I could. I talked with a member last weekend at a reptile show and she said they will be serving BBQ rabbit.

Holy cow was that a big show!!!!2300 entries and an incredibly small building but nice people!! My daughter ended out with 3 BOB's 1 BIS 1 RIS and multiple BOV's and 1 BOSB. No complaints here!!!!

Woo! Congrats! Yea I couldn't keep taking off for work. LOL I needed to get hours under my belt after vacationing most of July and then wisdom teeth being pulled. Maybe next year!

Your daughter should be so proud!

Thanks Peach! Yes, she was thrilled!!! The doe will be shown one last time this weekend and then bred.....her value is in making great babies, not much more for her to win other than Convention and my daughter would rather breed so that is the plan.

Yha i head it was. 3 youth and 3 open. end like at 9:00 pm
did you see the flat bed with 15 newly made cages on it?
they are mine... they were dropped off by the maker on their way back home. =)

I saw those cages ! And Rexisbest is right, a huge number of rabbits and people in a small space. I had heard 2100 rabbits, but 21 or 23 it's a bunch. I did fairly well with some juniors that are still a little too young and some seniors that are a little to old. :lol: I did get one BOSB, several BOV's and BOSV's. Several classes had enough entries/breeders for a leg, so all is good. I did sell a real nice Chocolate doe (one of my favorites) to a new breeder from Florida. I was kinda glad in a way not to get a BOB, as not having one meant I got to leave at 6pm and hit the road home. It's sad to feel that way, but it was a long day. The host club put on a great show with good food and, for me anyway, plenty of coffee. I was a little disappointed that the vendor didn't show up, and from what I understand, didn't even have the courtesy to tell anyone they weren't going to show.

OOHHHH MY!!! they didn't show??!!!
oh wow I am lucky my cages weren't whisked way when they weren't looking!!!! I missed seeing you LF :( I wish I could have gone.
but it was that or the cages and I wanted/needed them.
I understand about being glad not taking it all. I feel that way at dogs shows. I am there for a the points and let someone else stay to the end to go to group.

Back