kits jumping out of bx

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champange

Reaction score
So all the kits are out of the nest with no way back in the box when i put them back the jump right back out.so do i just let them be or do i need to build a ramp.i have metal bass equipment nest box with wood 1/4plywood bottom the kits r 14 days old sorry

Yes they do that. Some put a brick in front of the box, some turn the box sideways, and some just remove it by 2weeks old. It depends on the litter and the weather they are exposed to.

Our first litter was in the spring and it was still very cold, so I blocked the kits in until 3 weeks, and they didnt really try to escape much. The current litter was getting out at 12 days and I let them, they're fine and today I flipped the box over for a play area to climb on (18 days old).

Try placing a brick at the low end outside the nest box. It gives them a step up so they can get back inside the box. I've never lost a kit (once its eyes are open) since using a brick so they can get back into the nest and warm up.

Latest posts

Back