Kit Isn't Eating?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of 4.5 week old Kits, a group of 4 and a group of 3. In the group of 3 I noticed a Kit's been lighter than her her littermate in the last 1-3 days (which I don't think she should be, because they're the runt)
It's not hard to feel her hip bones and ribs. She loves to sit on the food bowl but I can't remember her eating pellets, she didn't drink from the mother when I got her out, she didn't eat dried forage treats I had, or take a piece of hay when I offered it. I would've tried more but I didn't have time before I left the house
I did notice last night she has a small tooth gap in the bottom row, would that have something to do with it?

They had "baby pellets" I've been giving them but I stopped because I thought none of them were eating it. She's had the normal pellets the whole time with it though, but I'll put some back in when I get home

She's moving slower and visually thin. Mixed some of the pellets in, gave them an extra water bottle since she started drinking quite a bit
She did take a bit of baby food though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back