Keep paws crossed, Finally expecting First litters

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraNJ

Reaction score
So, I finally got my Beveran doe to breed and she has built a glorious nest. She is due Wednesday. The beverans have been slightly frustrating and although we really like them I am begining to consider a different large breed. This litter will be a deciding factor I think.

Also due on Wednesday is our Opal Mini Rex doe. She was bred to a broken Castor so it should be fun to see what colors we get. Isabella has had a previous litter with her breeder and she built a showcase nest so I am really hoping things go smoothly. She has a couple legs and a BIS so she should produce nice kits.

Also have 29 chicken eggs hatching Wednesday of various breeds.

A week from Wednesday I have a REW minirex due. The REW buck wasn't interested in breeding her and it didn't take last time so when the buck refused her I put her in with the broken castor male and he bred her immediately so I am thinking I have a dud rew buck. He is a buck, I double checked. I know I will get stray white hair and white nails but I am just glad that she was bred and looking forward to kits.

Its been a year since I got the beverans and this is our first litter. So please keep fingers, paws, toes crossed that I actually get kits on Wednesday. Rabbits seem like they shouldn't be this hard to get a litter from.

wishing you luck! I have had the same problem with my mini rex. Where are you at if you dont mind sharing, I am in Gloucester County

We're in burlington county.

Were you sucessful with your mini rex?

The mini rex just sort of happened so that our 10 yr old had an easier to handle rabbit than the beverans but I have to say that I really enjoy them. Their fur is great and they are so friendly, just snuggly friendly. I am hoping I get a couple to keep out of the litters.

You won't get stray white hairs from breeding to a REW. We do it all of the time, every one of my herd carries REW, except Elmo. Only had white toe nails once in the 4 years this line has been bred and inbred. You will only get stray white hairs if the genes for those are in your rabbits. I got them from a black to a black otter. Junk in the trunk as my breeder says.

Best Wishes :)

I have a first time Beveren litter due too! :p I am so excited- I mainly have Rex, and can't wait to see the size difference in the newborn kits. Not to mention growout time. :dinner:

Cedar got her nest box two days ago, and is on day 30 today. :)

Here's hoping we both have nice big litters! :clover:

Thank you for the stray hair info. When my husband suggested trying Sarah (REW) with Argyle (Brk Castor) I thought he was nuts. But he said, try it, if you get kits then you know it isn't Sarah. But, I really thought I'd end up with a bunch of stray hairs. The breeder said Sarah to Argly was a possibility when I bought her. Can't wait to see the colors!

Mamasheepdog- Wishing you a large, healthy litter of beverans. They are great rabbits. I'll be interested in seeing how yours compare to the rex. My dh would like standard rex.

LauraNJ":2i1k1yoz said:
We're in burlington county.

Were you sucessful with your mini rex?

The mini rex just sort of happened so that our 10 yr old had an easier to handle rabbit than the beverans but I have to say that I really enjoy them. Their fur is great and they are so friendly, just snuggly friendly. I am hoping I get a couple to keep out of the litters.

I think I have 2 bred now, not sure about a third. I had a fried who had a beveran as a pet and is was the friedliest hing ever!

I woke up to find that Isabella (mr) had pulled full and there was a little movement from way down deep in the nestbox. :mbounce:

She has 5 popples! All looked good and were well fed. I didn't get a chance to take pictures yet, she wasn't totally thrilled with my hand in her nestbox near her babies so probably tomorrow I will take some pictures and share them. I saw 2 pink, 2 gray and not sure if the 5th was pink or gray. I didn't pick up so it was just a quick count and look from above to make sure they were all alive and looking fed.

My Beveran is sitting in the same place as last night, looking very big, very uncomfortable, not eating but she is drinking. No fur pulled and no popples yet. Hopefully today. She looks completely miserable.

Back