Jersey Wooly Convention 2012

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
Just thought I would share this here.

Open Jersey Wooly Winners for Convention:

BOB: Jessica & Taylor Usakowski - Broken Jr Doe
BOSB: Kelsey Schultz - AOV Sr Buck
Best Display - Brian Caudill

Agouti
BOG: Susan Jones - Sr. Doe
BOSG: Michael Welsh - Sr. Buck

AOV
BOG: Kelsey Schultz - Sr Buck
BOSG: Angel LeSage - Sr Doe

Broken
BOG: Jessica & Taylor Usakowski - Jr Doe
BOSG: Brenda Reilly - Sr Buck

Self
BOG: Brian Caudill & Debbie Russell - Sr Buck
BOSG: Jessica & Taylor Usakowski - Jr Doe

Shaded:
BOG: Carmen & Kelsey Deling - Sr Doe
BOSG: Angel LeSage - Jr Buck

Tan
BOG: Timmy & Danielle Bauer - Jr Buck
BOSG: Brenda Rielly - Jr Doe

Congrats to all the winners. :)

Jessica Usakowski used to be a member here! Three little ladies rabbitry. This was her first year showing in open and she took BOB!

That is Awesome. I chatted with Kelsey Schultz yesterday a bit and she was pretty excited to have gotten BOSB. I was thinking on selling my jr buck out of her Sr AOV but now I think I will hang on to him for a bit. :) Breed to him and see what I get.

LindseysWoolies":240mfwlp said:
Jessica Usakowski used to be a member here! Three little ladies rabbitry. This was her first year showing in open and she took BOB!

thought the name sounded familiar.

Peach":yki0e1w9 said:
That was excellent for their first year in open :)

Best Display? Not sure what that is xD

Just looked it up and I THINK it is given out by the show sponsors. Maybe they gave it to him because he had the most jersey woolies there? lol

Peach":1uphq96k said:
Best Display? Not sure what that is xD

me either,I saw it posted on Havana FB page but not sure what it is or who decides it. She seemed excited by it and others too.

Best display means that they got the most sweepstakes points in the breed.

Peach":21agebt9 said:
Sounds like a lot of $$$$ to get lots of sweepstakes points lol I need to figure out what jobs these people that show all the time have....

I wonder too.

You can be rich and have expensive bills and hobbies that would preclude you from going to a show like this. Or you could have no hobbies but this and an average job and go. It wouldn't have cost me much at all other than gas and exhibitor fees to go to this year's show. A car is a free place to sleep, and truck stops have cheap showers that are cleaner than most hotel rooms. Food can be bought at walmart and aldis the same as at home. If you can keep yourself from buying all the pretty things at the vendors and/or new bunnies that saves too. Bring a couple of bunnies to sell at the show and you've made back most of your costs.

I couldn't go this year because the con fell on Halloween and I don't stray from home ever during Halloween because of all of the fun stuff with the kids.

phillinley":29dbt6al said:
You can be rich and have expensive bills and hobbies that would preclude you from going to a show like this. Or you could have no hobbies but this and an average job and go. It wouldn't have cost me much at all other than gas and exhibitor fees to go to this year's show. A car is a free place to sleep, and truck stops have cheap showers that are cleaner than most hotel rooms. Food can be bought at walmart and aldis the same as at home. If you can keep yourself from buying all the pretty things at the vendors and/or new bunnies that saves too. Bring a couple of bunnies to sell at the show and you've made back most of your costs.

I couldn't go this year because the con fell on Halloween and I don't stray from home ever during Halloween because of all of the fun stuff with the kids.

It's not the cost that has me wondering; what kind of job gives you so much time? I could afford the trip with a few bells and whistles if planned right, I do intend on being at the 2012 Convention. What keeps me from going is my job. As a school teacher, I simply cannot take off three consecutive week days. I only get 10 days for the whole year, and that would be sucked up in travel time alone.

There are ways to do Convention cheap, or make $$ from it.

If you're traveling a ways, transporting rabbits to and from is pretty lucrative (20.00/rabbit each way, might pay for your gas). If you sell, prices are HIGH, and make your entries, and often some hotel costs.

Sharing a hotel room with 3-4 others offsets that cost quickly too.

We intend to go next year as well SKY. We may even go for the entire thing. Take the kids and stay in an indoor water park hotel. Make a family vacation out of it. And hopefully enter a few Jersey Woolys and a few English Angoras as well.

skysthelimit":1nlv2ur5 said:
It's not the cost that has me wondering; what kind of job gives you so much time? I could afford the trip with a few bells and whistles if planned right, I do intend on being at the 2012 Convention. What keeps me from going is my job. As a school teacher, I simply cannot take off three consecutive week days. I only get 10 days for the whole year, and that would be sucked up in travel time alone.

Well I'm a writer and a substitute teacher on the side for fun, so my time is completely up to me. Before that I owned my own business for 6 years, and then before that college, so I haven't had to worry about vacation days since I was in high school. But I'm a huge traveler and I would be a very depressive person if I worked the same job year after year, so that's why I set up my career as I have to give me that flexibility.

tm_bunnyloft":1nlv2ur5 said:
We intend to go next year as well SKY. We may even go for the entire thing. Take the kids and stay in an indoor water park hotel. Make a family vacation out of it. And hopefully enter a few Jersey Woolys and a few English Angoras as well.
I wish it was in Harrisburg a couple of years from now instead of next year when our kids would be old enough to really appreciate going out to Washington DC and seeing the capital as well as the bunny show to justify the lost school time.

phillinley":2ad1xd7v said:
But I'm a huge traveler and I would be a very depressive person if I worked the same job year after year, so that's why I set up my career as I have to give me that flexibility.

I am a very depressed person. Either I cannot afford the time or I cannot afford the cost. Very seldom do both meet at the same time. I have never been on a vacation. I was thinking of trying to make it the Convention, but if I use up all of those days before the snow or winter sickness season sets in, I'm going to be kicking myself all year long. Not to mention I have no idea what to do with the rabbits staying here and the dogs.

I'm fortunate to have both my parents, my in-laws and two of my brothers all within 10 miles of us so when we go on a family vacation, the rabbits and dogs and cats are covered. We wouldn't have animals at all if we didn't have them as backups.

I really don't know how to respond to never being on vacation. I understand the depression I guess. I tried to set it up so the only two people in my life who can tell me what to do is my mother and my wife and I can disobey the first one at this point if I have to :)

Back