It's a very good thing...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
...my new job pays fairly well :shock: :shock: The club is going to make a killing off me this time around.

I just finished my entries for the show this weekend and, well, 11 rabbits in four shows plus fur classes, 4 more entered for Sunday only plus fur classes. Then six of these entered in commercial buck and doe classes on Sunday AND some of my homebreds going into our breeders challenge on Sunday. My wallet has broken down in hysterics and I've had to sedate it :x

I haven't had a chance to look into clubs yet. Is there any bonus to being in a club when in shows? Not that I plan on showing my bun's but it might be nice to know.

It depends on you really.
I belong to the club for the same reason I'm here, people who have the same interests as me, who are at least as nuts as me. My social life pretty much revolves around critter activities so being in the club makes it easier to find people I can understand.

Our club is small enough that if you show up at meetings you're pretty much automatically tagged to help out somewhere

This is the biggest entry I've ever had, I'm taking almost every bunn in my herd, if I'm very lucky the switch to indoors over the weekend will make the does think it's spring so I can do a little breeding too

Why do you think I show rabbits? :mrgreen:
I have a very nice conformation Boxer that I'd love to get finished but its kind of unlikely.

As for horses, I'd have to win three lotteries first :x
Horses are a hole in the barn you throw money into even if you aren't showing

I still miss my Boxer. Although he wouldn't have shown... never could bring myself to crop his soft little ears.

With horses, I like spending other people's money on them. LOL. I'm real good at scoping out a prospect for someone else to buy.

I found the after care for my girls ears was very much a bonding experience for us. They healed quickly and she had very little discomfort. The biggest issue I had was the fact she has very thick ear leather, a legacy of her British (via New Zealand) heritage. Her sister is uncropped and shows fairly often.

Back