It's a dog-eat-dog world!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
Just got back from a weekend with my kid. It was great!!!!

I brought my tiny dog with me as per the usual. Neither of them has ever had a dog other than when my little dog is there, so neither my ex nor my kid really know how to deal with her. Thank gods she's GREAT...tolerates every stupid thing that can be thrown at her with a benign resignation. :lol:

So on Sunday, my son and I were playing video games (holy cow, that Wii Sports game? OW I HURT EVERYWHERE. That thing is a WORKOUT!!!) while my ex made lunch. I hear from the kitchen, "is it okay to give the dog something?" Now...I never allowed dogs to have "table scraps" before but she's tiny, and has had multiple broken bones, so she gets a "pass" and eats whatever she wants. :p So I said "Sure, she can have whatever." Then went back to being soundly beaten like a snare drum by an eight-year-old who's a whiz at digital tennis. ;)

Two seconds later my TINY, TINY LITTLE BLACK DOG (all three pounds of her) goes scooting by as fast as her little legs could go, eyes positively BULGING OUT THEIR SOCKETS, an ENTIRE HOTDOG IN HER WEE LITTLE MOUTH. Bewildered, I just watched her tear across the room and hide under the coffee table, where she began devouring her prize. The dang hotdog was twice the size of her head!!!!!!

IT WAS GONE BEFORE I COULD GET TO HER. I have NO idea how she crammed that thing into her tiny little body!!!! :lol:

When I sought an explanation: "But you said she could have whatever!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

(And no, it caused no ill effects, the dang dog has a cast-iron stomach and apparently she was so happy she went back and begged for more. Over the course of lunch she also ate a fair quantity of potato chips and part of an oatmeal cookie. NO IDEA WHERE IT ALL WENT, other than inside-dog. :lol: For once I wasn't the one giving her handouts!!!!)

:rotfl:

They can be sneaky little devils!

I was at a family beach party and my 20 pound beagle was handed an entire KFC drumstick (minus the tasty crispy coating that the 5 year old ate) which she promptly swallowed... whole ... because she knew she had like 2 seconds before I gave the "Drop it ! " command and/or reached down her throat to get it!

PS she was fine, it's the splinters that cause most problems, and she didn't even get the runs.

LOL omg Beagles will eat ANYTHING, too. :lol: :lol: :lol: I had to fish a Pomeranian's bow out of a Beagle's throat once...he ate it off her head!!! :lol:

Cricket is usually really calm about being given treats...but this time, it was like she KNEW she wasn't supposed to eat that thing so she was gonna eat it ASAP. :lol:

My son kept bouncing potato chips off her head. :roll: He was trying to teach her to catch them mid-air. After five years of being taught NOT to grab things out of the air, she just let them hit her, then she ate them off the floor. :lol: He was CONVINCED that eventually she'd get the idea. LOL!!!!!!

Still no ill-effects, either!!! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG Kyle! :rotfl: Then on top of that I have "Deedee" sitting next to me as I type, a beagle X, If its not nailed down she'll eat it! But... I love her, she's momma wittle girl. :roll:

I tried to teach my Jack Russell not to beg for treats by giving him one of the jalapeno slices I was putting on my pizza...when he came back for seconds, I gave up. That dog will eat anything I hand him...except green beans. No idea why.

AmysMacdog":ut1szhtc said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG Kyle! :rotfl: Then on top of that I have "Deedee" sitting next to me as I type, a beagle X, If its not nailed down she'll eat it! But... I love her, she's momma wittle girl. :roll:

I think it's a hound thang..."Hound" being an ancient word for "Eats ALL THE THINGS." ;)

At least every hound I've known has been like that, Pointing breeds included. :lol: Had a dog eat a couch once. Not just tear it up, EAT IT. Like...ATE PARTS. As in gone forever. :lol:

Marinea":ut1szhtc said:
I tried to teach my Jack Russell not to beg for treats by giving him one of the jalapeno slices I was putting on my pizza...when he came back for seconds, I gave up. That dog will eat anything I hand him...except green beans. No idea why.

Cricket loves spicy foods. When she was a puppy and on "kennel rest" for a broken leg (no, I don't beat my dog, she has bone density problems :roll:) she all but stopped eating...no interest in food...until one day I made really spicy (for me any ways, I'm a spice wimp) chili. She perked right up and ate it really well. I added hot sauce on her kibble, she cleaned the plate. FREAK DOGS. :p Thankfully now she eats everything in sight...for the longest time I had difficulty keeping her in decent flesh. :( Now she's actually DOG-shaped!!! ;)

Almost HOTdog shaped, LOL!!!!!!

Kyle@theHeathertoft":2x2hnrzu said:
I think it's a hound thang..."Hound" being an ancient word for "Eats ALL THE THINGS." ;)

At least every hound I've known has been like that, Pointing breeds included. :lol: Had a dog eat a couch once. Not just tear it up, EAT IT. Like...ATE PARTS. As in gone forever. :lol:

I had a sweet "Mixed-up KY hound" (as the vet referred to him) named Sebastian. He would eat ANYTHING. The funniest story:

One day I took the dogs for a walk to do their business and Sebastian's poop looked for all the world like he had the WORST case of worms EVER. I freaked. Collected a sample and rushed sample and dog to the vet. Vet tech takes sample back to lab to examine it and comes back and tells me that Sabastian had a bad case of carpet worms.

It was carpet fibers from him eating a rug!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loved that rotten dog....

CochinBrahmaLover":z58mxb5y said:
Got any pics of this trash can ;)

Yep!!! Photoplosion, commence!!!

This is Cricket. :) Yes, you can probably see her little deformed left leg. :p She's tiny.
392318_550153018361507_1272878984_n.jpg

Both her front legs are all messed up...but she keeps up and then some when we run the dogs at the beach!!! Took this a week or two ago, she's just truckin' along!
971523_627682187275256_927472424_n.jpg

Size comparison with my dad's GSP:
1385710_627682223941919_1591934448_n.jpg

tailwagging":z58mxb5y said:
lol, must have been very cute in deed!
what breed is she?

I think she's adorable. ;) I never thought I could love a tiny dog (big dog person at heart) but she's awesome!!! She's mostly Chihuahua, part Dachshund. :) She got ALL the legs, though...her littermate, Boo, is nine pounds to her three, and he's shorter than her. He has SUPER-eeny Dachsie legs. ;)

Frecs":z58mxb5y said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":z58mxb5y said:

I had a sweet "Mixed-up KY hound" (as the vet referred to him) named Sebastian. He would eat ANYTHING. The funniest story:

One day I took the dogs for a walk to do their business and Sebastian's poop looked for all the world like he had the WORST case of worms EVER. I freaked. Collected a sample and rushed sample and dog to the vet. Vet tech takes sample back to lab to examine it and comes back and tells me that Sabastian had a bad case of carpet worms.

It was carpet fibers from him eating a rug!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loved that rotten dog....

Aw man, worms make me shudder. Can't tell you how many dogs in the salon I worked at would shoot worm-filled diarrhea all over...always made me angry when the owners KNEW BEFOREHAND AND DIDN'T TELL US. But the best/worst was a Yorkie puppy who pooped and it looked like it had the biggest, nastiest tapeworm in it...........

..........she ate a whole shoelace, and pooped it out in one piece. :lol: I've never been more relieved to find an inappropriate object in dog poop before, but it meant I didn't have to bleach the whole room to prevent worm-spreading, just her kennel. :roll:

Thankfully Cricket keeps her eating to mostly food objects, but I did catch her trying to eat a piece of paper the other day. :shock: :?

Latest posts

Back