Is my bunny a flemish giant?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard its hard to tell when there babies but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I bought her 5 days ago. She just turned 6 weeks old yesterday. The tips of her ears are started to fold over. I know flemish giants have point years but I just didn't know if this happened in some bunnies. I was told that she is full blood but I just have been second guessing myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 1,978
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 1,978
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,978
MR_ND":1uibipx9 said:
Looks Flemish or possibly a Flemish cross to me.

That's what I was worried about. They told me it was full blood. I paid $40 a piece for 3. I just had a feeling they were mixed. Do they look average size for 6 weeks? Bigger? Smaller?

Dood":15ok0p2a said:
How much does she weigh?

At 6 weeks old I would expect a purebred Flemish to weigh close to 5 pounds.

I'm not sure how much they weigh. I will get a scale to weigh them but when I hold them I don't think they weigh that much but I could be wrong. But now I have a weight to compare yo. Thank you!

Zass":dldmuvcm said:
The tips folding over isn't really uncommon. Not sure the cause but I had it happen to a lot of my Flemish mixes. They will straiten back out. It's not lopping.

I love the tips Folding over but I figured it meant she wasn't full blood. So do you think since the tips are folding over it means she's not full blood?

I'm no Flemish expert. Mine have Flemish in their ancestry. I do think she is more compact in the body than any Flemish I've seen so maybe she's a mix, maybe she's something else but I really like her coloring.

arachyd":3iovn5v7 said:
I'm no Flemish expert. Mine have Flemish in their ancestry. I do think she is more compact in the body than any Flemish I've seen so maybe she's a mix, maybe she's something else but I really like her coloring.

I was afraid of that. I love her coloring as well! I just hope she gets really big!

Isn't that color called Sandy in Flemish Giants? I don't know if she is one, but she sure is CUTE!

I went to a show today and was told if mine has ever bit, which it has, it's probably a cross with New Zealand. I typed that in when I got him and saw a bunny identical to mine. Now I'm nervous I got a mean bunny. I got the gental giant because I have a 15 month old!

was told if mine has ever bit, which it has, it's probably a cross with New Zealand
:rotfl: ANY rabbit can and will bite if it is pestered too much or if your fingers have salty or sweet leftovers on them :D

There is absolutely NO guarantee that a Flemish won't bite and if they decide to then a 15 pound rabbit can do more damage than a smaller one :)

Youve only had her 5 days and she is was sold at quite a young age, usually babies are not sold until over 8 weeks old, so she needs time to adjust to her new situation.

Rabbits in general dont like to be cuddled or held but prefer to do their own thing and may rest beside you to be petted and usually it us the males rather than the females who are more affectionate.

Latest posts

Back