Is he sick or no?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. So what should I do then? I don't want him to die. I kind of took to him because his so sweet

My own procedure would be infant smethicone drops (for the tummy rumbling), unflavored pedialyte (for dehydration), and benebac(to get the GI track back to where it needs to be).
Whatever you do, keep him eating and drinking no matter what.
If you don't want to purchase pedialyte, you can make your own electrolyte solution. If I need some in a hurry, I use water with a sprinkle of salt (very important) and a little bit of some form of sugar:
A few drops of fruit juice, a pinch of sugar, a bit of molasses, or a bit of lite corn syrup. Any one would do.
There is an electrolyte solution posted here on rt, but I don't know where it is right now. :oops:

Oats and hay are a good start, don't be too quick to add pellets back into his diet. He should be eating mostly hay and just a little oats. but...not all rabbits will co-operate with that plan. Be careful not to feed too many oats.
Mashed pumpkin and mashed banana are also good tummy trouble foods for rabbits. Be careful to not overdo the banana because of it's high sugar content. A little sugar is good, but too much sugar can feed unwanted bacteria, potentially making things much worse.

Consider feeding the diahrea friendly herbs Maggie j mentioned. Those greens won't shock his system, and could help reduce diahrea, provide additional hydration, and perhaps most importantly keep him eating if he slows down for any reason. Many rabbits who refuse all other feeds will eat those specific greens.
Probably because they have some instincts to self medicate.

Thank you. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:21 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here is a few pics of him. He seems to be doing ok beside the fact that his skinny. He has been drinking a lot also. I plan on making that solution for him today. Hope that helps. He doesn't seem to have diarrhea anymore either but his poop is still a little soft but other than that I think his doing better. So hope he gets through this.

Attachments

• Photo3094.jpg
    Photo3094.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Photo3096.jpg
    Photo3096.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Photo3098.jpg
    Photo3098.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 306
  • Photo3099.jpg
    Photo3099.jpg