Interesting....Extreme Animal Rights...*graphic images*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I believe this is a group based in Austrailia, but none the less, it's interesting what their views are. Just a heads up, there are some images on here that aren't for everyone.

I was scrolling down facebook and noticed this picture of neglected rabbits. Granted THOSE were is rusted,dirty cages, inadequate space,etc but the more I went through the pictures, the more inconsistent these group got. This image below is NOT ok.
294002_421127744624391_1114404995_n.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with this image/product on a day that isn't during the dead heat of summer. Maybe on nice cloudy/cool day
380251_413971518673347_116057237_n.jpg

They were saying how CRUEL this was...that the rabbit has no FOOD. :slap: A normal person tried to say Maybe its only meant for an hour or so to give bunny access to fresh grass ,,then bunny is returned to its other proper Shelter later,,the lady who did the long spiel has a lot of what if's in her speech,,what if this rolling cage wasnt meant for perm residence ,,would that change the story,,just thinkinfg outside the box and prob upsetting people as ususal,, actually looks like fun for the rabbit cause they can roll around and not be eaten....

and the response...A rabbit playing in the backyard is different to a rabbit imprisoned in a small rolling wire cage. And bugs can kill a rabbit if they are infected mosquitoes or fleas.
&
Very tempting to turn up with a group of people to cause a distraction then rescue the poor bun

536545_399274536809712_1268297885_n.jpg

This image was listed with: Rabbits found in a “cull fridge” on a factory farm. Sick rabbits that die in their cages after years of breeding, or entire litters which don’t survive are thrown in here. Along with rabbits that are so diseased their meat is not worth processing - they are thrown in while still alive.

This legalised cruelty continues purely due to the rising demand for rabbit meat.

Honestly, when I put a rabbit in the freezer for snake food purposes, there is no "pretty" way of storing them other than a ziplock or in a bag. A rabbit in a freezer is a rabbit in the freezer. Culls are culls for a reason.

253186_395562700514229_1971018827_n.jpg

These are NZW they "rescued" they put them all out in the grass....Some of the boys have started to fight- thats why we desperately need to get them desexed asap!!! &
Words can not express how happy this picture makes us! These are the rabbits rescued yesterday from a meat farm, closing down in Tasmania. In total there is about 300 of them! On grass and not in rotten wire cages, is where they belong.

Somehow, like magic, the rescue ends up with 300 more baby rabbits for their efforts in a months time. :x

Ack! Look how much he hates it! Torture I tell you, Cruelty.
293191_3592768223400_1200281707_n_zps480c4f40.jpg

Gibby here was my only rabbit who really figured it out.

I love the round cages. I think where ever these images came from, they sure would not appreciate me getting ideas for new fun bun cages :)

Wow the round cages are cool, nice protection from toddlers, cats, small dogs and birds of prey. A dead rabbit in a freezer is a dead rabbit in a freezer, I have a bunch of them, dressed quartered and wrapped, but dead nonetheless. I also have dead pigs, chickens, cows, and deer in my freezer too, I'm a monster!! Gotta love the stupid rescue people, let the bunnys all run free----- and breed and fight and rip each other up, rabbits are not sweet social animals, they can put a hurting on each other. Hey wait isn't Australia the country that has a horrible problem with 'non native' rabbits destroying habitat? Hope none of those 'bunnies' gets loose---

Honorine":3gmx8wry said:
Wow the round cages are cool, nice protection from toddlers, cats, small dogs and birds of prey. A dead rabbit in a freezer is a dead rabbit in a freezer, I have a bunch of them, dressed quartered and wrapped, but dead nonetheless. I also have dead pigs, chickens, cows, and deer in my freezer too, I'm a monster!! Gotta love the stupid rescue people, let the bunnys all run free----- and breed and fight and rip each other up, rabbits are not sweet social animals, they can put a hurting on each other. Hey wait isn't Australia the country that has a horrible problem with 'non native' rabbits destroying habitat? Hope none of those 'bunnies' gets loose---

Sadly, some of the original charges against Debe Bell were because she had culls in a freezer And, get this, the judge said alive, a rabbit is a pet-- it is not livestock until it is dead.. Adn THEN< the necropsies on some of the animals-- Their necks were broken before they died-- uh, duh!!!ISn;t that called "cervical dislocation' that is permitted as a way to "humanely' dispatch an animal?

I have seen that bunch of rabbits in a field before-- and I think it has made the rounds through several AR groups..

What judge could say something was only LIVEstock after it is DEAD, with a straight face?! I know laws are sometimes convoluted, but that just takes the cake - 1984, anyone?

And yes, the round cage reminds me of the clear plastic ball my Gerbil had. He not only enjoyed going walkabout in it, he terrorized the cat while he was at it. Poor kitty thought I had a rat in a tank!

Somehow I think I would be freaking out if all of my rabbits were put TOGETHER on the ground. Of course the bucks are going to fight! The does will too. They'll tear each other up. With 300 rabbits, they are going to be having quite a many litters... If they knew anything they would have them all in their OWN space, maybe even in pairs of same genders if they got along. Why do they think they were kept separate? It was so cruel wasn't it. I see a huge massacre coming for them. There goal is no breeding, but they are going to be bringing so many new bunnies into the world. Probably many of them will die if born out on the ground free range. And obviously that round cage is not permanent or there would be a big mess under the cage and scattered on the ground.

Miss M":jkxr7nq7 said:
Those round rollable cages are awesome! The first one looks like they figured a way for the water bottle to stay upright! :razz:

\ Yeah, I saw that solution== someone has a thinker in their skull!

I've had people ASSUME, without taking the time to ask me personally, that traveling cages that I was bringing rabbits for some kids at a barn to pet, that is where they lived and said rude things about my back to a friend who had asked me to bring them. She got in their face though and told them that actually NO, that wasn't their living quarters. Like horses, they need a safe and secure way to travel. When people jump the gun, such as the rabbit in the really creative rolling cage, it just uneducated people making assumptions.

I don't know who in there right mind would release 300 rabbits all together. They will probably blame the place they "rescued" them from that they were bred there.

When someone tried to have a normal thought process about humanely raising and using rabbits for other purposes, these crazies slam them for their insolence. What if it was your CHILD?!?! Well, it isn't. I treat them with respect until the day they were born, until the day I use them to feed my family,dog,etc.

I was watching a rescue commercial yesterday and it was very interesting....they don't post pictures of the "ugly" animals we have in this world that need to be "saved" just "cute" animals like cats,dogs,& horses. I don't see pictures of lobsters or stone fish on these commercials. They are pretty ugly!

Peach":12epazoh said:
I was watching a rescue commercial yesterday and it was very interesting....they don't post pictures of the "ugly" animals we have in this world that need to be "saved" just "cute" animals like cats,dogs,& horses. I don't see pictures of lobsters or stone fish on these commercials. They are pretty ugly!

:rotfl:

:cry: Oh no.. this is truly horribble! Why would you put those pictures up my face!

Now I'll have to build a roundy cage and I don't have any time to build since school starts tomorrow! It's so cruel! :cry_baby:

I find it amazing how fanatic they can be, and stupid at the same time.. If they'd been less fanatic, more people would have listened to them and the true horrors in animal keeping would be helped.

i stopped reading because stupidity like this makes me really really mad and i'm already done with stupid people.

i have to go through all my youtube videos and check comments to reply to the stupid people who just complain about how cruel i am being to the poor rabbits putting them in cages out in an unheated barn with no electric or water. one person said i needed a whole indoor room for each rabbit, that rabbits should never ever be bred and it was terrible of me to force the poor things to do that nasty thing,..... usually i go outside and chop firewood or things then come back and try to tell them how completely and utterly rediculous they are.
i put up 2 butcher videos (broomstick method) and one person commented "well duh that rabbit had no chance with that fat whore standing on its neck" honestly that one just made my blood boil. i believe thats the one i replied "thanks i just butchered ten more rabbits in your name" or something like that.

people are just so oblivious....

They said WHAAAT?

:evil: That'd be a way to get my blood boiling too.

And those 300 rabbits loose... yeesh, some people have no sense.

This reminds me of a funnier (less violent than 300 rabbits attacking each other) time when an ARA let the cows loose at the State Fair in WI. They thought they were "setting them free".

The cows went into a pasture and ate and were roaming free... right until milking time when they all filed back to the fairground barns :)

I wonder how many of those rabbits set free will end up real sick, over-eating grass which I'd guess they're not used to?

Hmmm.. maybe we should give a ten minute rabbit education to an humane society officer and then send them out to their place, see what happens. Teehee...

reminds me of somewhere else where i read someone had a humane society "cop" (whatever you call em) come out to their farm.... "cop" spent a good hour or so their being shown about how the animals are supposed to look, books and websites, etc etc etc. they had no clue what they were lookin at with farm animals like what was good or bad....

I wonder how many of those rabbits got prego after 1 night ? Gezzzz

Maybe that's what they really wanted - $$$$ and meat !!! :cry:

I always think the worst of a situation though. I always think conspiracy most of the time. :x

Latest posts

Back