Interesting colors from mixing my fiber line with the REW meat line

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robochelle

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have a line of NZ rabbit for me at, and a line of satin/French angora for fiber. I recently bred some angora into the meat line because I noticed really tender muscle during necropsy of a few of a particular doe's children. I was excited to see what colors the kits would be. The doe in question (Black self) was crossed with a male meat rabbit with predictable colors: couple black, couple otter and a harlequin (I was aware she had harli since her first litter had one). The other litter was her grandson with a female NZ. I thought I had 2 black and 4 white, but in the sunlight today I noticed they're agouti. With weird bellies! I'm assuming that this is harlequin stripes showing through? The one though only has a small patch of color... Do you think it's mosaicism? I can't think of anything else that would show such an isolated patch of pattern. Breeders of tortes, is it possible to have the spots concentrated like that?

Attachments

• PXL_20240310_205742254.jpg
    PXL_20240310_205742254.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240310_205838996.jpg
    PXL_20240310_205838996.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I have a line of NZ rabbit for me at, and a line of satin/French angora for fiber. I recently bred some angora into the meat line because I noticed really tender muscle during necropsy of a few of a particular doe's children. I was excited to see what colors the kits would be. The doe in question (Black self) was crossed with a male meat rabbit with predictable colors: couple black, couple otter and a harlequin (I was aware she had harli since her first litter had one). The other litter was her grandson with a female NZ. I thought I had 2 black and 4 white, but in the sunlight today I noticed they're agouti. With weird bellies! I'm assuming that this is harlequin stripes showing through? The one though only has a small patch of color... Do you think it's mosaicism? I can't think of anything else that would show such an isolated patch of pattern. Breeders of tortes, is it possible to have the spots concentrated like that?
How fun and exciting!

Latest posts

Back