I'm tired of the stinky things in my tub (hurry up and die)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
So I have a doe that the buck did a number to (ears eaten etc.)
so she's been in the house, and not very stinky

Well, notice a Sr. Buck (GC) is off his feed, take him out thinking sore hock, winter is pretty damp cause I have them in a insulated shed, tradeoffs and all.
Well, I tossed them in the tub to wash off.
Pull him out to check his feet, not bad, but there's this clear stuff oozing out his butt...
And I had him with the injured doe, so she got washed AGAIN
he's back in the tub with a water bowel and hay, been there for 2 days, now he has usual diarrhea

he's the one that opened my finger to the bone, real pretty rabbit, last two days I've been wondering why I just put him down then
He's the type that'll make it through just cause I said he'd kick it in 12 hours, spiteful thing.

Got him on Oatmeal (well rolled oats) and hay now, pretty sure he'll pull through, just two things, I keep having to rinse out the tub... and the hay, I really hope I don't get a clog, and the smell. Yeah... I can't wait till he's good enough to move back out (solid pellets and on feed). Going to try him on pellets tomorrow.
No body else show any signs of entritis, the kits all look good, the rabbits near him in the stack are all on their food and in good condition.

So I'm kinda wondering why him? I know it happens, and all that but usually it takes out the kits and not adults.

he passed last night, guess I'm kinda sentimental, he was my first GC
and as usual, spiteful, just when I start getting positive, he croaks

Latest posts

Back