I'm so excited. I GOT BUNS!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have acquired 6 American Blues. Mama (Molly) and Papa (Buster) haven't been handled much, so they are a bit skittish still. The other 4 are from their first litter. Molly's first litter was 9 kits, of which 4 apparently died at birth. The remaining kit from that litter stayed with the previous owner as a pet. Their previous owner had gotten them to raise for meat. But, after handling the kits, they couldn't do the deed. The juveniles are now about 3 months old and not at all shy. I haven't yet decided how many of those I will keep as breeders. They haven't even been sexed yet. I will need to do that tomorrow so I can separate them. I haven't given any of the juveniles names because I decided long ago that I would only name breeders. All those destined for the freezer will get a number. Hopefully I will have time over the next couple of days to dig out my digi camera and get some pics to post. It feels just like Christmas!

Here are the promised pics of Buster and Molly. It took me a while because I had house-guests.

Buster.jpg

Molly.jpg <br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well, I finally got around to sexing and weighing the 4 juveniles which are from Molly's 1st litter. 2 females, 2 males. All about 5 1/2 lbs. I want to keep two females and one male. One will be going away to freezer camp. Now I understand all that I've read about long sleeve shirts. Won't be doing that again. :crutch:

[quote Now I understand all that I've read about long sleeve shirts. Won't be doing that again. :crutch:[/quote]

Oh, I know what you mean. My arms are bitten, bruised and scratched from a mean buck I have. Embarrassing.

Nice looking buns!! I have 7 right now, 6 blues and a REW, with both does due to kindle in about 2 weeks!

TBZUf9t.jpg

I don't have any recent pics of the adults posted! I will have to get some soon!

They are enjoyable and have been the most laid back buns!

Back