I'm really hoping it's a couple hairs and not Pasteurella

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knacker

Reaction score
This morning while doing chores my wife and I noticed our big buck Pilsner sneezed a couple of times; we also noticed that both our bucks just started molting.

I just came back in from the rabbitry a few moments ago and Pilsner is still throwing the odd sneeze (2 in succession once every 3-5 minutes). He has a very very small amount of clear discharge on his right nostril. He still continues to clean his coat and I am curious if a hair is lodged up there.

We have had pasteurella before and know exactly what the symptoms are like, non-stop sneezing and milky discharge. Fortunately the pasteurella was contained only to the rabbits that we purchased who had it (1 doe with 4 kits), no other of our existing rabbits caught it. This was a few months ago and of course everything was sterilized since then.

Hoping that this is a hair causing the issue and not pasteurella, how can it come from out of the blue with no introduction?

This is frustrating. Pilsner is a great big beautiful buck :( <br /><br /> -- Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm -- <br /><br /> I'm really not going to stress too much about this. I was just in there again for 15 minutes and no sneezing. Fan has been on for an hour and the air is pretty fresh. Paranoia, jeesh.

ladysown":3pruqwb4 said:
I'd be inclined to give him a good brushing out though just help him out. :)

I am going to do this in the morning.

No sneezing while doing water and feed this evening. Had to have been a foreign object. <br /><br /> -- Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 am -- <br /><br /> Update:

No Sneezing this morning :D

Back