I'm having a puzzler of a breeding month here...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobqdevon

Reaction score
In addition to my lovely harley out of the one litter, we were checking out the other litter born the day before, and noticed that this little guy, who I have nicknamed UPS:

image.php

has blue eyes... ? Is this unusual?

How cute! I WANT IT!!! :p

You'll have to wait for one of the genetic experts for an answer to your question, but in the meantime, you can start filling out the shipping label:

MamaSheepdog
Somewhere in CA
USA

MamaSheepdog":1vgfb4ks said:
How cute! I WANT IT!!! :p

You'll have to wait for one of the genetic experts for an answer to your question, but in the meantime, you can start filling out the shipping label:

MamaSheepdog
Somewhere in CA
USA

I was out there earlier. I'm keeping Harley:
image.php

Cow:
image.php

Maybe Fawn:
image.php

Probably UPS (above)

This cow might be going to the lady at the gas station:
image.php

Plus Sarah is due to have a litter tomorrow. I'm shaking my head, going "I can't keep them all. I don't have enough cages as it is... ugh why do they ALL have to be so cute... :pinkbunny:

Awwww How adorable!! They are all so cute. I'd have to keep that harley too! Its just precious! :)
UPS :lol:

Looks like a chocolate otter or possibly marten which would explain the blue eyes as the chinchilla gene your silver marten buck passed on often creates bluish eyes in kits, they normally darken with age.

Chocolates often have lighter brown or sometimes amber coloured eyes as adults.

Here's a better (???) picture I took today. Squirmy little suckers are almost impossible to get a picture of.

image.php

The "maybe fawn" one looks a little like a wild rabbit. :). I've thought, that if I ever have adoe that reminds me of a fawn I'd name it, Faline. Like from Bambi.

I believe this kit is a chocolate silver marten. I would expect more tan markings instead of white if it was a chocolate otter. Time will tell as be furs up.

This means the father and mother both carry the chocolate gene so you can expect more with this pairing.

I had a rabbit named Faline- she was a chocolate fox = otter, chocolate, tort

And of course, this morning, still no bunnies from Sarah... :popcorn: Waiting is the difficult part. :yawn: :boring: She decided to rip apart about half of the cardboard lining the nestbox... I guess she didn't like my choice of cardboard. I used the box from a nice set of processing knives... I wonder if she can read.

I think you mean Alice is a Red Eyed White (REW) not a Blue Eyed White (BEW).

Since she had 3 silver marten and a REW kit she is likely a self black or chocolate under her white fur.

The Silver marten buck must carry chinchilla and REW as well as chocolate and he could have two tan genes instead of a tan and self, unless of course he's fathered and self kits with another doe.

Alice is a Blue Eyes white New Zealand. Peter is a Red Eyed White New Zealand. There is a big difference in their eye colors.

Alice was named due to the blue of her eyes matching the animated version of Alice in Wonderland's Blue dress.

Peter was named for Peter Rabbit and has the red eyes.

Back