I'll go to sleep now.. but first..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
I need to whine.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :x :x :x :? :? :? :cry: :cry: *whine*

Aaah... much better. I won't bore you with details, but it's about horses, vets, money (or the lack thereoff) and a general frustration of feeling trapped in a corner. I probably need to take Crow to a vet clinic and I'm not sure my insurance will cover it. Even if it does I can't afford it. But still I'll have to. And all other things happening. Woe is me, or whatever..

Im sure it all will be better tomorrow after a good nights rest. :D

Just needed to vent a bit. Whine. I know it's pretty boring in the long run. I should probably wrap this up with something more optimistic.. I don't feel all hopeless. I always make it work and I have support from the non-cyber world as well. Just feeling a bit tough at the moment. But I know it will all work out for the best. Experience tells me so; I do have the good fortune of somehow getting help when I need it the most, or find away around the problems.

I was thinking of doing one of these ''donate money or I'll eat my rabbit" websites :D I mean.. people have donated to those, it seems legit, right? :p

:zzz:

And, untill then, a cute picture of Spira and (still nameless) that seem to be doing well together. Some good news! :)
1009467_597192570333426_1060985225_o.jpg

I'm sorry, Zab. I share your feelings. It's not all bad but gee whiz, sure seems pretty bleak right now!

Sleep will definitely help. =)

(hugs)

*puts on her old lady hat*

This I can promise you, Zab...things WILL get better. It may not be on your time table, but it will happen. Hang in there, and know there are people keeping you in their thoughts.

Sorry Zab, first thought was:
still gonna eat the rabbit...

I would consider those to be up there with pan handling
and the last money I gave to a pan handler was the guy on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco who had a sign that said
'Not gonna lie, need some money to buy weed'
I can support honesty

Thanks..
Heh, yeah Jack, that's my thought as well. :p Probably why I'm not trying.

things are a bit better, I suppose. I'm just feeling so extremely tired. All my days consist of is mucking out Dackes stall, worrying about Crow, changing bandages and feeding. Dad fell asleep in the couch yesterday so I ended up fixing dinner for us (lol, I'm spoiled, that's usually dads work), taking the last chores in the barn again ad since I couldn't sleep anyway I raked the yard untill midnight.
This morning I mucked the stalls, fed the horses, walked Crow to the pasture half a mile away (and went back again as I forgot to put on his fly sheet), carrying some 30 kg of water with me. Changed Dackes bandages, fed rabbits etc etc. The past week I've only had about 3-5 hours of sleep per night so I guess it's natural to be tired. My throat's sre too and I have a slight fever, I think I'm catching a cold.

Oh, and Rams started sneezing. A lot. I need to catch him and check him more throughly soon (after I finished writing this), listen to his lungs and such. But there's no white snot or anything and he seems fine. He's alone in his cage too so if it's the rabbit plague he shouldn't have infected any. I'm trying to remember if it started shortly after I sweaped the floor or not.. my ''keeping track of time'' memory is failing me right now. But I hope it's just dust making him sneeze.

I've called the insurance company. They'll cover all veterinary exams and treatment for Crow if I take him to a clinic to get his strange movement checked up. They won't cover anything they concider ''rehab'' though, like chiros and the like. As long as I'm making that perfectly clear to the people on the clinic there shouldn't be any problems or unexpected costs besides the 430USD I'll have to cough up to use the insurance. But then he'll be clear up to 7 700USD in treatment. Dackes surgery and 5 days at the clinic, shots, treatment etc was 5 500usd so it should be enough I think.
I have a friend who will lend me the money, and I know she won't throw it back in my face later. I also know she's not overly well off either so I'll pay back as soon as I possibly can.

But now I'm going to take a relaxing footbath, eat a late breakfast and take a few minutes rest. Right after I've checked on Rams and mucked out Dackes stall agan and cheked the bandages.

No Bugs is the English SPot but we actually don't know what he is now... He or the NZ Cali cross is what I'll be getting. So what kind is the rabbit in the pic?

Ah right, you mentioned that too. Sorry.
Spira is a Checkered Giant, 15 weeks old :) She's supposed to be a mate to Rams, the other CG I got at the same time, and the one sneezing now. (I think it's just dust) But I'm worried about "charlies". I think she is one genetically and she is a bit more prone for soft bunny berries. Had to wash her butt twice already. But I hope to get that straight and then possibly just match her with Kori, my swedish pelt buck, and see if she gets all broken kits (is she a genetic charlie, she will) :)

Edit to say: European Checkered Giant. Appearantly they're bred larger here.

Okay. I should look more into checkered giants. :D Bugs has brown eye circles, those spots on his cheeks, and the butterfly pattern on his nose, as well as the brown stripe along his back, all English Spot markings. But he doesn't really have spots on his back, and his current owner says that his ears are shorter. ;)

Well, they get to be at least 12 lb :pEglish spots are smaller. And CG has huge ears too.. I think the size is your best clue :)

But Bugs could be a genetic charlie, or just overmarked with white and thus lacking the pattern. It happens a rabbit or two in most litters whee you mix broken+broken (or spotted/checkered)

The only pattern differense I know of the two is that checkered should have 3-7 spots on the sides, not lots of small spots :)

Well Spira is a textbook example on how they look in checkered breeds :) but the truth is that you cant tell for sure just by looking. You'll have to test breed. If not both parents are broken you cant get a charlie either.

I'm so sorry, Zab! :(

You have to take care of yourself. If you don't, no one else will. And if you don't, you can make yourself really sick. Take care of Zab!

Latest posts

Back