If you live in the area, look out!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobqdevon

Reaction score
Today being our anniversary, and Fernie getting her instructional permit ~2 weeks ago, I surprised her with the following this morning:

1604699_359438904198396_48173559_n.jpg

Her favorite part: the heated seats and automatic climate control. :rotfl:

Normally, i would say you didn't need heated seats and climate control in GA, but after this winter I may have to revise that statement. I made sure the 4 wheel drive in it is not a lever pull one. It's a control knob, and has an on demand 4wd option, which can be left that way all winter for her convenience.

bobqdevon":169a2co1 said:
Normally, i would say you didn't need heated seats and climate control in GA, but after this winter I may have to revise that statement.
. I hear that! We're waiting for today's slush to turn into tomorrow's glaciers. Officials are so jumpy after having kids trapped on buses and in schools overnight that school is out the rest of the week (Friday was off already.). Much cheering from the young 'uns, but warm seats sound good to the elders.

I didn't even know there were control knobs for 4 wheel drive. (That says a lot about the general quality of the vehicles I get, as well as how long since I had a newer model.) You did real well on the anniversary present!

Believe me I know. In comparison, every vehicle I've ever owned, including the GMC sitting behind the trailblazer, and the F150 pickup have had pull levers for the 4wd.

He just had to spoil me to make up for all the razzing I am getting about driving...... The worse razzer had totaled out 2 cars in a week.

I do the love the car. And being our 10 yr the car was as close as he dared to get to tin....

Fernie":382jjreq said:
He just had to spoil me to make up for all the razzing I am getting about driving...... The worse razzer had totaled out 2 cars in a week. ..
:x Yikes. Maybe you should ask that person for advice--and then do the exact opposite of what they say.

Fernie":382jjreq said:
I do the love the car. And being our 10 yr the car was as close as he dared to get to tin....
:lol: Can't wait to see what he gets you for your 25!

:farmer2:

the reluctant farmer":3uhukw4t said:
Officials are so jumpy after having kids trapped on buses and in schools overnight that school is out the rest of the week (Friday was off already.).

This is a great reason to be used to lots of snow. They don't close schools here unless we're in white-out snow conditions. I have trouble with them being home over the holiday break. They even go to summer school.

bobqdevon":13imnbsc said:
Today being our anniversary...
Her favorite part: the heated seats and automatic climate control. :rotfl:
I don't blame her. We had one with "heat in your seat" and DW didn't realize how much we'd miss it on our new one when she traded it off.

Fernie":13imnbsc said:
He just had to spoil me to make up for all the razzing I am getting about driving...... The worse razzer had totaled out 2 cars in a week.

You kind of left yourself open to another severe razzing here but I'm going to leave it alone, (this time). :p

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS you two on your 10 year! Here's to the next 10. :beer2:

Fernie":u3qvj8jw said:
I do the love the car.
I think we should correct this to did love... At least until we drove it 40 miles and the service engine light came on. 4 days in the shop and $180 later and we brought it home today.

My red truck was supposed to go and get front tires put on it today, but I went out this morning and it wouldn't start. After a bit of diagnosing, I figured it needed a starter. So off to the parts store in the black truck to get a starter. bye bye $180. Back home, to install the starter (in the snowstorm of course), get everything hooked back together, turn the key, and....

NOTHING. UGH!

I gave up for today, and will continue trying to figure it out tomorrow when there are no kids running around causing trouble.

We apparently are going to have one of those years when it comes to vehicles. :(

Aside from my first truck that was a strip down model with power nothing and only rear wheel drive my vehicles have always had a button to press for 2wd, 4hi, and 4lo. They can switch between 2wd and 4hi on the fly but 4lo requires stopping to switch out and it can't go over about 30mph while in it. Sure plows it's way through the snow and ice with that setting though.

No one is more of a road hazard than a girl in my class. Between her juinior and senior year her parents bought her 4 suvs because she kept totaling them on the gravel roads or in one case got sooooo drunk traveling from house to house and back roads with her friends that she completely lost the vehicle. I'm not sure they ever found it. On the flip side they refused to buy anything for their son and he had scrape together $100 to buy the old green manual ford off my grandpa. When he got an accident (totally not his fault) because the vehicle was too old with too little upkeep to be road safe his dad finally agreed to buy him an inexpensive small pickup.

My truck has been dead for months. I went to start it to take the dogs to the vet and the lights came on but it didn't even attempt to turn over. I was leaning towards the battery being too drained in the cold. I then accidentally left the keys slightly turned in the ignition when my husband picked me up in his vehicle (Haru was out of date for rabies so absolutely needed to go) and wore the rest of the battery out. Walmart does not sell jumper cables so we have to wait until we can get farther in to town where the autoshops are.

bobqdevon":2du2cwj6 said:
Fernie":2du2cwj6 said:
I do the love the car.
I think we should correct this to did love... At least until we drove it 40 miles and the service engine light came on. 4 days in the shop and $180 later and we brought it home today.

My red truck was supposed to go and get front tires put on it today, but I went out this morning and it wouldn't start. After a bit of diagnosing, I figured it needed a starter. So off to the parts store in the black truck to get a starter. bye bye $180. Back home, to install the starter (in the snowstorm of course), get everything hooked back together, turn the key, and....

NOTHING. UGH!

I gave up for today, and will continue trying to figure it out tomorrow when there are no kids running around causing trouble.

We apparently are going to have one of those years when it comes to vehicles. :(
Yuck. :(

Update: Red truck. Some idiot tried using a 4 gauge battery connector on a 0 gauge wire. Like trying to put a wire this size: O into a connector this size: o

That's why it didn't start. I spent $180 on a starter that I can't return. At least I KNOW it's a brand new starter with a lifetime warranty. Got that problem fixed, drove it to the shop to get the new tires on, and it now needs new upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends, and an alignment after that work is done. Another $700 into repairs.

Told you no more vehicles or trailers this year. I am done with them. Unless we get an Envoy that will carry us all in one vehicle.

You want more rabbits. I get a house of our own. No neighbors in sight. You know like what we deal with now....

Tomorrow is house cleaning and if we can manage get to do more in the rabbit area. We have our new bed coming in tomorrow.

Back