I Thought It Was About Time To Introduce Myself

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!
I figured it was time to introduce myself to the forum. I've been registered since December and I sat back and read alot of posts here. I'm a college student in California who wants to own rabbits again when I finish school. I'm an animal science major, but my career choice is currently undecided. I've learned alot about color genetics reading through posts and genetics pages. I've owned rabbits most of my life but am currently rabbitless. I have owned Polish, Dutch, New Zealands, Californians, Netherland Dwarfs, Mini Rex and a few mutts. I showed rabbits for my FFA chapter and I was pretty good at it (Showmanship). I've also participated in Rabbit Judging competitions and was the California State Champion during my senior year of high school. I currently am starting up my Urban Homestead but have only gotten to growing my own produce in a rather small garden. I hope I can continue to come to this forum and finally start answering posts.

Welcome! I am just getting into rabbits, but am loving it so far.

Oh...be advised, small gardens have a tendency to get bigger :p

I know exactly how that is. I used to have a double major in Horticulture. The problem I run into is I have an in-ground pool with very little room for a garden.

We add gardens by the square foot...or by the old clawfoot bathtub, or by a piece of old clay culvert pipe...

7463923128_16f15fd5f6_m.jpg

8378645484_deee0de8a2_m.jpg

Sooner or later, I guess, we'll run out of room. But, I'll always have more plans :p

Welcome Gateway! We are starting our urban homestead this year too, and are filling in the in ground pool to make room for the garden. What a chore that is going to be!

:bunnyhop: :welcome: Hey, we all start somewhere right?! The best thing about gardening is that you have a chance every year to expand as you like. Whereabouts in California? I am over by Yosemite National Park... kind of.

Welcome! :) Good things happen one at a time, and pretty soon, before you know it, you will have the garden, and rabbit herd you've been patiently waiting for! Good luck with all of it!! :D

SarahMelisse":229xk82h said:
Whereabouts in California? I am over by Yosemite National Park... kind of.

I'm in the Central Valley. About an hour from Fresno. I have family in Sonora and Angels Camp

:welcome: to RT, Gateway!

I'm about an hour northeast of Bakersfield. A few of us will be attending the California rabbit convention in Turlock the weekend of the 22nd. We would love to see you there! :)

MamaSheepdog":1fltadw0 said:
A few of us will be attending the California rabbit convention in Turlock the weekend of the 22nd. We would love to see you there! :)

Turlock isn't too far from me. Less than an hour's drive actually. I've been thinking of going, but am unsure if I'll be able to make it.<br /><br />__________ Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 pm __________<br /><br />
Marinea":1fltadw0 said:
We add gardens by the square foot...or by the old clawfoot bathtub, or by a piece of old clay culvert pipe...
Sooner or later, I guess, we'll run out of room. But, I'll always have more plans :p

A friend of mine has a bathtub as a part of her garden and I love it. She also has the random sink and toilet.

"Gateway" is a wonderful name...start with a garden and before you know it, you've got rabbits, worms, bees, a whole ecosystem in your back yard! I love it....

Latest posts

Back