I Think I Might Throw Up...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not too bad. I'm finishing a 6 year stint this semester. Just don't overload yourself. How many credits are you taking.

Firstpup is starting this coming week also!

Congratulations, Bad Habit! You will do well, don't you worry!

Taking you literally and sympathizing as someone whose stress usually reports to stomach--

Try to remember and practice whatever you know helps when you're stressed

What would being prepared mean for you? Is there anything you can do today to feel more ready?

Imagine the worst thing that could happen and plan how you'd cope with that. Then what really happens won't seem so scary.

Breathe deeply and slowly--and good luck

Believe it or not, there will come a day when you can just barely remember your college years.

And when you do, you'll realize that most of what you did back then is now illegal. And if not
illegal, then certainly not politically correct. And then there are the things you did that WERE
illegal and are now perfectly legal! Go figure.

The moral of the story is "This too, shall pass. All too quickly. So, enjoy it all you can!"

Good luck!!

College, for me, was so much better than high school. I'm 2 semesters from having my Master's degree - I will finish in July. :D I stress easily too. Walking helps me clear my head. My mom gave me a grown up coloring book for Christmas that is supposed to relieve stress (we'll see). Never be afraid to ask your professor or peers for help if you need it.

My mom gave me a grown up coloring book for Christmas that is supposed to relieve stress (we'll see).

:shock: :? :shock:
I like the ones at the dollar tree. :lol: :lol: :lol: They work very well and are only a $1.07 :lol: :lol: Doesn't have the same really detailed pictures but I'm cheap. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The worst part for me, for college, was the 1st day. Finding a seat and getting to know everyone. But after a year or so I started having classes with people that I had met and at that point began to looked forward to each semester to see my new friends and get caught up. College is a lot of fun if you allow it to be.

It's the whole new people thing. Not good with people. Just really really anxious and nervous. They're mostly going to be fresh out of high school as well, I'll feel so old. Logically, I know it is going to be fine, and that it'll just take some time to get used to - I was super anxious driving when I started, and now I have my own car and don't think twice about jumping in the car and going somewhere.

I just keep telling myself that if I managed to show rabbits at the Royal, then I should be able to do this.

There have been some muck ups with my funding, as well. I am doing this entirely through a government funded program that pays the tuition and basic living expenses of laid off individuals. However it took a while for my funding to be approved and put out, and for some reason I was not listed as being under this program at the school. Because of that, my schedule and books list wasn't available to me until today. Fortunately, a friend of mine works at a college library, and directed me to a website to search for my books by course number - I have my books!!

Unfortunately, one of those books is actually a program, that requires windows 7 or higher to run... Poop. My laptop only has Vista :(

Can't afford a laptop on my own, so my dad pitches in and lends me some money. However he doesn't lend me enough to just go out and buy one. No, he insists that I order a refurbished one to be delivered. Delivery can take up to 20 business days - to my area usually takes 2-3 days, so I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday... Hopefully. Until then, I am borrowing a netbook to at least take notes.

How many classes are you taking? As a rule of thumb, for myself, 4 has been my limit. Unfortunately I have to take 5 this semester. :x Won't be able to have a life or see anything other then the 4 walls of my office but it will be worth it to graduate this semester. :cry: :lol: :lol: To avoid people just walk in and take the 1st seat at the front. Plus I've found professors really like it when the students interact with them. Sometimes a wrong answer can break the ice. My go to is purple elephant. :lol: :lol: It adds humor to a tense situation and makes the professor aware that the material just flew over your head. :mrgreen:

I was never meant to be in school. I should not have wasted money on college. Maybe a trade school or else straight to working. I already had offers from stables to work their horses.

I was make good money in fastfood, but back went out so can't do the manual labor any more. That's the only reason for me to go back.

One very important thing I learned in college was, if you don't like the professor and there is another available, then drop that class and switch immediately. Also, classes that start at 7am are bad lol.

Well, I'm a full time student. Going to be a paralegal, and if I can come up with the money, will pay to take a semester and get my law clerk diploma as well. I have thirteen "classes" scheduled a week, but only 8 courses.

I wanted to get a side job, but it's so hard to find anything part time. Add that to the way my schedule is set up, and the hour commute to and from school, and I'm basically out of luck to be employable.

8 classes is a lot. :x I have a family but no job and 4 kept me very busy but not overwhelmed. I've known others do 5 or 6 but they did nothing else but study. This is your first semester, right? My first semester I took 5 but was able to test out of 3 by mid way through. What classes are you taking this semester? :p

8 is a lot of classes. My school has a cap on the number you can take to avoid being overwhelmed.

I went to a state school for my bachelor's degree. There was a good mix of people straight out of high school as well as people going back to school. No one paid attention to age. If anything, older students were a great source of advice on how to further your career and other "grown up" decisions. At 22, I was good friends with a woman in her 40's. She told me to take time to travel and be independent and never feel like I had to be in a relationship. We had similar experience levels (none) in physics and were able to help each other through the class.

Introduction to Canadian Justice for Legal Professions
Intro to Political Science & Public Administration
Indigenous Justice
Strategies for Success
Introduction to Sociology
College Communications for Law and Justice Professionals
Introductory Computing
Introduction to Psychology

2nd semester is 7 classes, 3rd is 8, and 4th is 8 plus field placement.

Pretty sure my life for the next 16mths is going to suck. I don't see it getting that much easier, esp if I hope to show rabbits over the summer. Oh well.

I'm taking:
ECO 461 40 International Trade
ECO 462 40 History Of Economic Thought
MGT 360 01 Organizational Theory
MGT 419 01 Strategic Management
MGT 425 40 International Management
Plus 3 exit exams. :x

Do you already have your gen eds out of the way? Or do schools in Canada not require them? I hammered out my gen eds in the 1st and 2nd semester. After that all my classes were in the same building and I didn't have to walk all over campus to get to class. A plus when it's freezing outside. :lol: :lol:

wamplercathy":3gzuv9fp said:
Do you already have your gen eds out of the way? Or do schools in Canada not require them? I hammered out my gen eds in the 1st and 2nd semester. After that all my classes were in the same building and I didn't have to walk all over campus to get to class. A plus when it's freezing outside. :lol: :lol:

That's always great, isn't it? The campus I used to go to (my master's is online - yay :D ) was pretty small, but it seemed enormous when there was rain or snow.

Bad Habit, please don't go into this with the attitude that your life is going to suck while you're in college. It's not going to suck, it's just going to be different for awhile and you will have to adjust your priorities for a time.

I loved the intellectual freedom of university. Admittedly, we're talking close to half a century ago, but it sure opened up my view of the world. I've always been grateful to my parents for giving me the opportunity.

Presumably you want to do this, so . . .

Go for it! Embrace the opportunity! Carpe diem! :hooray:

:grouphug: :good-luck:

Back