I pretty much give up.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
SO I tried for a year to get these rabbits doing good with Many setbacks right away. I am now down to 4 NZ & 2 blue eyed minirex. I am about to sell the ZN cause they will NOT breed. I honestly tried everything. I will try some Mini rex when they come of age. If nothing comes of that I give up completely. I have studied & tried everything I swear :)I just have bad luck with rabbits :(

So sorry you have had so much trouble. :( I hope you get better results for your efforts with your other rabbits. Said a prayer.

Sorry you are having such problems getting your rabbits to breed. It could simply be you hit a bad line of NZs. Don't give up! They sure can be frustrating! Maybe the mini-rex will do better for you. :clover:

I am so sorry you are having such poor luck. Make sure that you are not overfeeding your bunnies so that they wont breed. I hope you have better luck with the Mini Rex. :)

I know how you feel. If it weren't for the fact that I had good rabbits in the past, I'd be totally giving up too. Hang in there. There are good rabbits out there. I'm having to find some myself. The last 2 pair I bought had serious health issues and breeding problems. So I had to cull them. Now I'm hunting down new stock and I'm looking forward and getting excited about rabbits again. When you have good stock, its a fun and rewarding hobby :) I have had some wonderful rabbits in the past, don't give up because of some bad rabbits.

I think I am going to do just that. Just breed the Mini rex for a bit & get some meat rabbits later on. I really want some silver fox so I might pick up a pair later. I am just sad my NZ reds did not do better.

After having three good years with highly productive rabbits I went through more then a year and a half of small litters, losing a couple of does, still born litters and bad mothers. I was very discouraged and I also think part of it was that I was extremely busy in that time period and wasn't putting the attention onto the rabbits that they needed.

However, after hanging in there and making a few changes I finally had my first litter in over a year and am cautiously optimistic looking forward.

Keep your chin up. Maybe you could start fresh with a new pair of rabbits? Maybe a change in feed would help? Maybe take a break from rabbits for a couple of months, clean out your rabbit area, take a deep breath and start again with a new perspective?

I"m not saying you have a problem with your rabbitry :) , Just throwing a few suggestions out there.

Good luck!

Sounds like a plan. :) Good luck with your Mini Rex, and I hope you're able to find some good stock for meat!

There are a couple on here who use Mini Rex for meat, too. :) So maybe that can get you by for now.

LadyKarli,

I feel for you :grouphug2: Maybe you can try changing out the buck ... your does may not like him. Simple as that.

I have a buck that is absolutely in love with one doe, will breed all the others, but given his choice, he will hang out next to the one he loves. :lovers:

Back