I now know what being punched in the teeth feels like.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
Random life update: I just got punched in the face. Right in the teeth, literally. Like, I ran out of soda, and without cherry coke zero THERE IS NO ARTWORK, so I ran to the store to get that and a couple other things. I got into one of the RETARDEDLY long lines at the checkout. Dude in front of me, apparently thinking he was the last guy in line, whirled around and punched the air really hard. Except instead of air, it was my face.

Apparently I have a glass jaw (this isn't news) and knocked rather senseless I lost my footing. That guy has crazy reflexes, upon seeing me drop he managed to grab me by my polarfleece before I smashed into the ground.

My lower lip got sliced by my incisors and the base of one incisor is throbbing and bleeding. I just got home...and my face is SO SWOLLEN. I huuurt. I also feel pretty dizzy so the artworks will wait a little longer until the room decides to stop spinning. My lip is no longer super-bleedy, it's just oozing a little. I'm gonna ice it as soon as I'm done typing.

Crossposting this because I am not typing it over and over again. (Also not posting this in Hopping Mad because aside from being a little annoyed that the guy didn't think there could POSSIBLY be someone behind him in line the WEEKEND BEFORE THANKSGIVING, I'm not actually angry...believe me, when the guy saw the blood he kind of freaked out and I had to reassure him I'm not really hurt that badly, NO I'm not pressing charges over a stupid accident, just be more careful when RANDOMLY PUNCHING THE "AIR" FROM NOW ON, lol.)

Wow, you are one restrained human being! I hope the guy at least paid for a whole case of cherry coke for you. {{{hugs}}} and a speedy recovery!

dragonladyleanne":2wrbeqmx said:
Wow, you are one restrained human being! I hope the guy at least paid for a whole case of cherry coke for you. {{{hugs}}} and a speedy recovery!

Ech, I figure, I've done stupid things before and the worst "punishment" was having to live with having done it, and he DID seem really, really sorry, so it's all good (or will be when I'm less dizzy). :lol: But nope...still had'a pay for my own soda. LOL issok, it was on sale so I got a big box. ;)

Ouchy, I'm glad to hear you are okay though. I commend you on keeping your cool, I'd imagine with another person with a quick temper that could have turned into a brawl. Sending you quick healing thoughts.

Oh wow its just one thing after another :( he must have really hit the "air" hard. My stomach hurts just thinking about it:/.(i would have been soooo mad lol I guess I don't have much patients sometimes but most times I'm pretty easy going I think)
Hope you get better soon and get on with doing what your doing:)

Wow. :shock:

Man... you'd think he'd at least pay for your soda.

You may need to get the tooth looked at. :( I had a tooth abscess and die once because of a blow it took.

OMG Kyle! Wow! Hope you feel better soon! If I did something that dumb, Ida paid for your soda, kissed your feet and did some serious praying that I don't wind up on Judge Judy later! :shock:
Take care.
Amy

:clap: :clap2:
AmysMacdog":2e2d34jq said:
OMG Kyle! Wow! Hope you feel better soon! If I did something that dumb, Ida paid for your soda, kissed your feet and did some serious praying that I don't wind up on Judge Judy later! :shock:
Take care.
Amy

The only punch in the teeth I've had involved a lat bar at the gym--an approx. 1-inch diameter steel bar hanging down from a frame at *exactly* the level of my mouth b/c the id*ot who used it right before me hadn't put it away safely, and I turned around, ready to retrieve the bar from its "safe" location, and BAM!

I, too, am amazed that the guy, after (1) causing the injury but (2) keeping you from hitting the deck, (3) did NOT even offer to pay for the cherry coke! after you made clear to him that he would get out (1) alive, (2) unhurt/unmolested, and (3) unlawyered at. :wink:

Whadda cheapskate guy he is. Maybe he just wanted to get out so fast b/c he didn't want you to change your mind about the lawyer?

Yeah, ice, but if the ice is too intense, cool compresses help, too. That's what was available at the gym, and we managed to get the bleeding stopped before I had to go to the office.

AmysMacdog":xp2a2rrv said:
Take care.
Amy
:yeahthat:

:evil: You're much more temperate than I, Kyle. :evil:

:twisted: Personally.... :twisted:
I would have taken whatever time, and aggressive force, necessary
to view the surprised and painful expression on this knuckle-head's face.

AFTER he was the recipient of a
Cherry Coke Zero......suppository!

grumpy.

AmysMacdog":8xslz1h4 said:
Take care.
Amy

Yes, this!!! =o

MaggieJ":3dwkncyu said:
You're more forgiving than I would have been, Kyle! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks, I'm fine. :) By the end of the night I felt okay, and aside from my lip I was right as rain the next morning. I've still got a tear in my lip but it's healing already and should be gone in the next couple days. :)

I commend you on keeping your cool, I'd imagine with another person with a quick temper that could have turned into a brawl.

LOL the poor guy looked way more upset and scared than I was. :lol:

he must have really hit the "air" hard.

For being directed at air, it WAS kind of excessive amounts of force. :p

Man... you'd think he'd at least pay for your soda.

I know right??? :lol:

You may need to get the tooth looked at. :( I had a tooth abscess and die once because of a blow it took.

The tooth is one of many that is paining me...fortunately I am scheduled for dental surgery on December 20th (I had to warn my ride to bring a book or something, 'cause it'd be about five to six HOURS) and they said they can lump it in with whatever else needs doing. :p I feel a little queasy just THINKING about the bill, too...but all of it needs to be done. Prolonged tooth problems can cause a whole host of other problems, after all. Plus constant pain, nausea and headaches are beginning to make it hard to focus in school. No way am I letting a few stupid teeth harm my schooling!!!

That being said...dental surgery = SCARY for me. Anesthesia...also scary. The 20th is gonna SUUUUUCK.

If I did something that dumb, Ida paid for your soda, kissed your feet and did some serious praying that I don't wind up on Judge Judy later! :shock:

LOL you almost said the same thing as my dad...except with much fewer vulgar expletives. ;)

The only punch in the teeth I've had involved a lat bar at the gym--an approx. 1-inch diameter steel bar hanging down from a frame at *exactly* the level of my mouth b/c the id*ot who used it right before me hadn't put it away safely, and I turned around, ready to retrieve the bar from its "safe" location, and BAM!

I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry. But you know where my brain went, right?

DOGCATMOM WALKS INTO A BAR... :lol:

If it helps any, I got dinged by a sailboat's boom once, pretty similar to that...I turned around and thunk. Didn't hit it hard though. Also learned REAL fast to duck and cover when the skipper hollers "coming about." :|

Whadda cheapskate guy he is. Maybe he just wanted to get out so fast b/c he didn't want you to change your mind about the lawyer?

He did seem awfully scared. I can't stop chuckling at it.

Yeah, ice, but if the ice is too intense, cool compresses help, too. That's what was available at the gym, and we managed to get the bleeding stopped before I had to go to the office.

The ice WAS too much...my poor lip was super-sore. Damp and cold washcloth with ice wrapped inside worked pretty good though. :)

I would have taken whatever time, and aggressive force, necessary
to view the surprised and painful expression on this knuckle-head's face.

AFTER he was the recipient of a
Cherry Coke Zero......suppository!

LOL, but Grumpy? Don't take this the wrong way, but you are WAY tougher than I am. Also he was SO scared and stunned. After the fact it's freaking hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

THOUGH, my dad agrees with you. ;) Plus he's a little ticked off at me because I didn't get the guy's name or call the police. Apparently my dad REALLY wanted to hang this guy out to dry in an assault/battery charge. :roll: I've had worse head injuries from annoying dogs, lol.

I hope that cherry coke tasted really good!

IT DOES, I'm in heaven ever since the local store started carrying Cherry Coke Zero...it's delicious!!! Whenever you see a picture I drew...know that at least one can of Cherry Coke was drained so it could come into being. ;)

Cherry Coke or coffee, anyways. :)

Glad your feeling better Kyle! :) If your Dad is anything like my hubs, I can well imagine what he said! :lol:
I'll be thinking of you on the Dec 20th! Hope all goes smoothly. :clover:

Kyle@theHeathertoft":2uo46apg said:

I'm sorry. I'm SO sorry. But you know where my brain went, right?

DOGCATMOM WALKS INTO A BAR... :lol:

If it helps any, I got dinged by a sailboat's boom once, pretty similar to that...I turned around and thunk. Didn't hit it hard though. Also learned REAL fast to duck and cover when the skipper hollers "coming about." :|

He did seem awfully scared. I can't stop chuckling at it.

The ice WAS too much...my poor lip was super-sore. Damp and cold washcloth with ice wrapped inside worked pretty good though. :)

Glad to have brightened your day, even a little bit. :)

And...after dealing with (shall we say?) several injuries over time, I figured out the "cool" and "warm" equivalents of "Oh, be sure to use [ice] [heating pad]." :lol:

Hope you're feeling much better soon (and that you can do art; I saw your other thread).

AmysMacdog":34ydyx4j said:
Glad your feeling better Kyle! :) If your Dad is anything like my hubs, I can well imagine what he said! :lol:
I'll be thinking of you on the Dec 20th! Hope all goes smoothly. :clover:

:) I'm considering before-and-after photos...though I'd wait a week or two after to allow healing. ;) I hadn't even SEEN a dentist in over a decade when I went in for my consult a few weeks ago...but considering that, I'm not in THAT bad of shape. Two extractions and four fillings, plus some other stuff...and a THOROUGH cleaning while I'm unconscious because there's some buildup that would be too painful to remove otherwise.

:grouphug:

And...after dealing with (shall we say?) several injuries over time, I figured out the "cool" and "warm" equivalents of "Oh, be sure to use [ice] [heating pad]." :lol:

I used to be skeptical of ice/heat for injuries. Until I blew my shoulder. :) Now I sometimes ice it just because I CAN, and whenever it gets sore (like today...had to move a bunch of furniture!) a hot shower followed by a cold washcloth is amazing. Unless it's swollen...then no more heat! ;)

Hope you're feeling much better soon (and that you can do art; I saw your other thread).

The art thing is making me insane. :( I hate that I'm so far behind in the first place, I hate that I can't work on it RIGHT NOW, I hate that I lost two days I've been planning to do a lot of art on for WEEKS...making me crazy. Been trying to distract myself with other art projects, LOL, but that's less satisfying. :p

Here's hopin' the darn thing can be fixed!!! If it can't, I will totally use it for target practice. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back