I must have misunderstood the world.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
Hm. I must be wrong somehow.

I've always figured that as an authour, musician, artist, actress or any other such creative work, you need to actively try and seek contacts to get published. And, if you're lucky, after a few years you finally find some grumpy manager of sort, that accepts to publish your work, or something similiar. But it's like tough competition and the hard struggle is to get your name out..

But now I'm starting to wonder.

A couple of years ago, I was in amovie. I mean, not a big hollywood movie, just a short pilot for the movie-company to try and raise funds for a film. But, with no audition or seeking from my side I ended up having a few seconds in the background, and having clothes I've sewn on the main characters. (does that make me an actress and clothes designer? :lol: :lol: ) Yeah well, nothing special but point is I ended up behind the scenes with a camera crew with absolutely no effort from me or any plans to be there, just happened to be at the spot.

Then some months ago I get a message on facebook:
B: Hi, I'm B. Would you like to write a book?
Me: Huh?
B: A book. A rabbit book. I've seen your group nd want you to write a book with me. I've already published some.
Me: Uh.. that's flattering, but I don't think I'm experienced enough.."
B: Yes you are. *cobntinues to convince me*

Now the book is about to be published at the end of the year. I had no intentions to ever write a book.

Then yesterday I get a call.
"Hi, I have an art gallery next town and I've heard you paint. Would you be interested in sharing a spot with an exhibition in our gallery?"
..I'm like.. "Eh...uh,,..sure?" I've sent a link with some of my work now, I have no idea if they'll find it good enough or suitable to show. But the point is.. They called Me. I've never contacted them before, or ever tried to hang my stuff in a gallery.
I've never wanted to be an artist. Never worked for it.

But.. if t's supposed to be so hard to be ''found''.. what am I doing right? :lol:

I'm a bit excited of course :) I don't expect anything, and I'm not sure I have the time to do anything either. But it's kind of fun to be asked by them like that. Makes me feel special :D

Congrats :)

Sometimes it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
You must have done a lot of things right in the past to put yourself where
people notice you.

Share with us where to buy the book once it comes out :)

:lol: I suppose :)

Sure, I'll wite a note when the book comes out..

I was talking to my 16 year old and she said:

"Most people wait their wholes lives for ONE of those things to happen, I hope she knows how blessed she is".

:lol: Thanks for the visual, MaggieJ.

Seems like there will be no art show though. They like my paintings and is trying to figure a way to use some of them, but the problem is I've never painted in high resolutions on the digital work, and the show is about digital work.

Who knows, maybe another time when it's not necessarily digital? :)

When I read Maggie's post, this immediately flashed through my head:

Some people, after a bad storm, walk around with their heads down, and miss the beautiful rainbows.

So glad you're finally seeing some rainbows, Zab. Never forget that you deserve them.

The old traditional methods of getting across don't work that well any more. Too much competition. What works is being very active on the net and it looks as though you are.

Latest posts

Back