I had to put a cat on the payrol today...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
I can't live with mice in my house. The lat straw was hearing the mouse while knitting, crawling through my fiber stash.

So I've been on the cat hunt for a few months now. I wanted something that was unique, that didn't look like the strays that used to roam the neighborhood.

The shelter put me through my paces today, because I have unaltered animals that do not live in the house with me, and could not prove I gave shots to my dogs. I understand why, but I told them they make it hard for people to adopt, I'm here because I wanted to be, and perhaps i should have gotten a CL cat.
Anyway, after ranting on about Dr. Dobbs and the Cornell studies about minimum vaccine protocols, the fact that I feed a natural diet and have done so for almost 10 years, and I show my animals, the lady backed off, and the cat is here.

It's black. Most people know how I feel about solid color animals (except dilutes. But he has this long fur on the chin, belly and tail, that reminds me of a Lionhead. When he crawls from under the tub, I'll take some pictures. He was Claremont, but now, he needs a new name.
I generally don't name my animals people names. I was hoping either he, or Phoenix, would tell me his new name. In lieu of their help, I asking for yours :)

skysthelimit":2unvz5hn said:
I wanted something that was unique, that didn't look like the strays that used to roam the neighborhood.
It's black.

That seems contradictory... a lot of stray cats are black. :?

But he has this long fur on the chin, belly and tail, that reminds me of a Lionhead.

On his chin?!? That IS different! :p I can't wait to see.

You could name him "Goatee".

Anyway, after ranting on about Dr. Dobbs and the Cornell studies about minimum vaccine protocols, the fact that I feed a natural diet and have done so for almost 10 years, and I show my animals, the lady backed off, and the cat is here.

"Truth" or "Logic" since that is how you won him. :)

I was hoping either he, or Phoenix, would tell me his new name. In lieu of their help, I asking for yours

You could name him "Snap" since he is your mobile, organic "snaptrap"... or "Pilgrim" since he came to you near Thanksgiving.

I'd likely just call him Hunter... and hope he lives up to his name. :)

Can't wait to see pictures of your Lionhead Moggie!

My Marilla sends regards. We adopted her from the local Humane Society in 2003 for rodent control in the house... but she has become the heart of our home. I hope your boy is equally fortunate.

I once had a solid black cat named Orpheus, from the Greek mythical poet who charmed the gods. My Orpheus was a mouse-catcher. (Also a lizard and chipmunk catcher....)

Black cats never get adopted here, ever! We've had 5 black cats, one is black & white. No one likes to adopt them, so I send you my thanks for giving a black cat a home, and wish more people would :( that & older cats, but I understand not wanting an older mouse hunter!

Congrats, and can't wait to see pets.

My black cat is named Simon, name just popped up in my head- he's very oriental looking, all legs and spine, tall for a kitten. Came from my hoarder friend. Wonderful creature, to come out of such a messed up place. Simon has orange eyes, I love black cats.

We have 3 black cats... Lucky, Hokus, and Merlin... Along with Merlin's brother Toby, who is almost like a bengal pattern grey and black, and Saide who is a calico colored +20lb lump. No mice around here. Oh, and then there's Apples, the neighbor's cat, who is almost the same color as Sadie, who showed up one day eating the deer apples in the back field (how she got her name) and decided to stay out in the neighbor's barn, and loves it there.

Congrats, Sky, on the new addition!

A far as a name, I would consider one relevant to his position...Lord Mouser.

And I'm with you....ewwwwww on mice in the house. Thank you, Monkeyface and Stubbles, for keeping them gone from our place.

I only think of Loki. >_>
Or Sot. Or Kovu.
Or Zabs Cookie.. because all my attempts to bake gets burnt black.. :lol:

Looking forward for pictures :)

CochinBrahmaLover":e5ewrc1s said:
Black cats never get adopted here, ever! We've had 5 black cats, one is black & white. No one likes to adopt them, so I send you my thanks for giving a black cat a home, and wish more people would :( that & older cats, but I understand not wanting an older mouse hunter!

Congrats, and can't wait to see pets.

He's 2ys old. I did Look at the older ones, the older the better, up to about 6 years old. None were as friendly as he was though.<br /><br />__________ Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:23 pm __________<br /><br />
MamaSheepdog":e5ewrc1s said:
skysthelimit":e5ewrc1s said:
I wanted something that was unique, that didn't look like the strays that used to roam the neighborhood.
skysthelimit":e5ewrc1s said:
It's black.

That seems contradictory... a lot of stray cats are black. :?

Most of the stray cats here, and int he shelter, were orange Heathcliff striped, gray tiger striped, or Bengal looking. There was Chocolate point Siamese, and two flame points. I really wanted them, but they weren't friendly enough.

Back