I don't think it's pasturella....something else?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kk. I'll try to find it when I go later this evening! Thank you so much!

BF swung by for a quick minute and he did something I forgot to look at....his teeth. Being a wire puller, he had messed them but they stayed trimmed, but out of alignment so I stopped showing him. Wasn't genetic, but his impatience for food and attention cost him. He doesn't like toys or wood blocks that I offer.

He had one bottom tooth that was very,very long on the bottom but not digging into the upper mouth and the rest were also a bit too long. His continued pulling has put them even more out of alignment. We trimmed them down so he will be able to eat.

I'm still going to take care of him as if he has wool block, but hopefully that will help check off a few things from possibilities. I check his teeth ever so often, but nothing looked unusual because it was the top that only had a problem...now the bottom. He's frighten himself a few times when chewing, yanking back hard on the wire, and I think that has made it worst. Fortunately, his children aren't like him.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 am __________<br /><br />Well, this morning Tornado seems to be feeling better. Back to wire pulling and running around his cage this morning. His stomach isn't as tight, but I can still feel a knot. He's got gas in the intestines, but I gave him some baby gas drops to help.

He is on nothing but hay right now, and then a mixture of water,pineapple juice,gas drops,etc.

I gave him a papaya enzyme pill yesterday and one today.

I hope we are moving in the right direction today! Everyone else is doing great.

That's good news! I hope he continues to improve. :clover:

It sounds like you are feeling better, too. Yay!

Back