I am getting standard Rex rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found some.. the lady shows her rabbits.. I am so excited .. I am getting chocolate, and broken chocolate,broken black , solid blue and broken blue otter, Now it is a 10 hour round trip.. Making more cages tonight. If I can get these cages done.. I am aiming for this weekend if not it will be next.. When I do I will post pics.. I am so excited .. Finally

I'm happy to see so many threads lately about people wanting/getting standard Rex. I just started in them but I think I'm lucky to live where I do because there seem to be a few successful breeders within a few hours of me. Not sure I'd be willing to spend 10+ hours picking up rabbits, but it sounds like you're getting a nice bunch!

If you dont mind my asking, where in Ontario do you live, and where is this breeder? Being so close to the border I look for breeders in Canada as well as the US.

I'm totally jealous of your blue otter btw, that's one of my faves!

Pepperoni":1w7oaamz said:
I'm happy to see so many threads lately about people wanting/getting standard Rex. I just started in them but I think I'm lucky to live where I do because there seem to be a few successful breeders within a few hours of me. Not sure I'd be willing to spend 10+ hours picking up rabbits, but it sounds like you're getting a nice bunch!

If you dont mind my asking, where in Ontario do you live, and where is this breeder? Being so close to the border I look for breeders in Canada as well as the US.

I'm totally jealous of your blue otter btw, that's one of my faves!
I am an hour west of Ottawa.The breeder is in Quebec city. There is a breeder in the US.. I would love her rabbits... but I am having a hard time to meet up to get them. Still working on it.. There is a bit of a mixed up with this other breeder so far.. Since there is a translater involved .. So things are getting mixed up.. I guess I count my bunnies .. I think I might of jinx myself.. I hope not.<br /><br />__________ Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 pm __________<br /><br />well.. This one isn't going to work after all. So disappointed. I DID Jinx my self.. I have a lead on another .. but this is my last chance on standard rex.. If this falls through.. I will make my own. I am so bummed

Oh no! :( Sorry, Mary Ann.

I hope it works out with the other breeder. Good luck. :clover:

I know how disappointing that is... I tried looking for 3 hard-to-find colors of Rex rabbits in 9 different states, and they were all either not breeding those rabbits anymore, didn't have the color, or not along our 15+ hour route.

Hope the other breeder works out for you!

Awww phooey! I'm sorry it didn't work out with the first breeder.
I hope the other breeder works out for you! Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

here is a update........well two breeders didn't work out.. Found another one.. I am putting a deposit on them tonight once I see the pictures.. THEY are not the colors that I wanted.. but I take what I can get right now.. Color I can work on later. tHEY ARE EITHER black or black otter.. I will know when I see the pics. Picking up around Aug 3. I am not excited yet as I don't want to ruin the thoughts there is still a chance for some beautiful standard rex in my little herd of bunnies. Not quite as far as the lady is visiting a family member.. But still a 6 hours trip.. better than 10 .. but not as good quality.. But I don't show anyways.

Sorry it didn't work out as planned. I've done the 10 hour trip for some show table cast off, but they still have beautiful coats and they throw enormous kits. Don't get discouraged. There's hope that even if you don't show, you'll end up with amazing stock. And who knows, maybe they'll carry recessive genes for the colors you do want and you'll luck out. Chin up! :)

Congrats! I love my Rex so far, super sweet rabbits.

To the Michigan people..there are a lot of Rex in that area! And Ohio. Not too much in Canada, especially if you are wanting a nice variety of colours. In Ontario i know of one breeder who shows and another person who is just trying to get a start in the breed, in Quebec i know of 3 breeders, all who show. Good luck to all thinking of starting in the breed.

Back