Howdy!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6riversfarms

Reaction score
Hey there ya'll.

How's your herds?

Mine is doing ok. We have went completely commercial. We sold all the American and Florida White stock to concentrate on NZW and Cal's. I am building a good herd, thanks in no small part to grumpy and OneAcreFarm. We are up to 103 does with plans to add space for more over the summer We have a decent local fryer market developing and are involved with a processor. We are breeding for heat tolerance, litters size, and weaning weight. Loving our Rabbits!

Where is you rabbit adventure taking you?

My meat rabbit journey started off with a heritage breed - American Chinchillas and spending $25 per 50 pound bag of 18% protein pellets :x

Now I am moving towards meat mutts (mainly due to an 10 pound NZ x Flemish buck who does great on mainly hay :shock: ) and a cheaper grain based diet and free forage (lots of fallow fields to pillage in my area :mrgreen: ) I'm "keeping the best and culling the rest" with a goal to have a 5 pound fryer at 8 weeks on this diet :D

A bout of hepatic coccidia last spring has also made me breed towards resistance for this parasite but unfortunately I took a step backward this spring with the introduction of a Californian buck but the bunnies are making up for lost time and what I don't have in quality is made up for in quantity ! I think the brutally cold winter jump started their reproductive systems :D - for the first time in 3 years I have a surplus !

Back