How many rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunrise":3s57g595 said:
I actually did buy more cages, got a super super deal, for 25 more holes, plus a few carriers. Now I promised my husband I would only fill a few and sell the rest. Maybe now I will find out how many rabbits is too many... :lol:

Sounds like you're set up to find out :D I found out 60 breeders was more than I need. Having so many at one point helped my herd though because I am culling back to the best 20 does and 4 bucks that I have and leaving space for growouts.

I think for this question it's how many do you need for your projects? are you breeding for meat? show, pets, and whatever projects on the side. 40+ seems to be a good number for meat breeders and pet only seem to have maybe 2-5. I have about 40 (I haven't actually counted) pet and meat rabbits it works for me to have a dual purposes animal and I have the cages space + cash to pay the bills. It's a business that I'm running for my family that I can enjoy and I know if I have too many when money is stretched tight and I'm not scared to put non-working animals into the oven.

So, how many rabbits do you need? As many as you need.

Five months into my "plan" I'm where I want to be, until the next phase. Two does, two bucks. Everyone's getting rested and the youngsters are getting grow time over the next couple summer months. Come September, we'll be rolling into Phase 2!!

Latest posts

Back