How in the world did he manage this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I found this when I went out to check the rabbits this morning. One of my bucks managed it.

This is a pretty fairly heavy ceramic soup crock. I have no idea how he managed to get it in his water dish :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0534.resized.JPG
    IMG_0534.resized.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 552
More important is the fact that he "did".. LOL.
I'm assuming his feed was in it. If that's the case, it won't take long
before his waste would cover the cost of an outside feeder that cannot
be tipped and flipped around.
Consider buying one............QUICK. :x :x :x

grumpy.

You might want to invest in a:
[J] Feeder and a sipper tube.
The tube will work fine with a one or two liter Soda Bottle.
You can mount the [J] feeder high enough so that,
Hercules Rabbit cannot lift it into the [J]! :twisted:
I hope you can get it figured out soon.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Well, at the moment He's in an outside cage covered in a tarp under a cedar tree so, the feed would probably get wet in a j-feeder (although maybe not much more than him throwing in the water :lol:). At least that was why I haven't bought one yet. Hubby has promised to build me a rabbit barn before winter so, when it goes up all the rabbits will have j-feeders and hopefully an automatic watering system.

Syberchick70":3g4l5fa3 said:
I can't use the big j feeders because I can't talk myself into cutting holes in the cages. :oops:

All of my buns but one do fine with their crocks. One is a food dumper- she has a j-feeder zip- tied to her cage. I don't like cutting holes, either.

Marinea":ccrrl4ra said:
Syberchick70":ccrrl4ra said:
I can't use the big j feeders because I can't talk myself into cutting holes in the cages. :oops:

All of my buns but one do fine with their crocks. One is a food dumper- she has a j-feeder zip- tied to her cage. I don't like cutting holes, either.

LOL....I've done it HUNDREDS of times..... :x :x :x

I've bought cages that I've reworked because of the locations of the holes.
But.........the price was right and worth the effort.

grumpy

grumpy":1f9dprpv said:
Marinea":1f9dprpv said:
Syberchick70":1f9dprpv said:

LOL....I've done it HUNDREDS of times..... :x :x :x

I've bought cages that I've reworked because of the locations of the holes.
But.........the price was right and worth the effort.

grumpy

Fear of commitment!! I'm afraid I will cut a hole, then decide I don't like where it is. :x

I didn't want to cut holes in mine either...for the first couple of months. Eventually, the advantage of having the j feeders in place outweighed my fear of "harming" the expensive cages.

Is that a handle I see on the crock? I usually use baling twine to tie the handle to the wire of the cage. They can't move the crock and usually can't dump it either.

I've worked with my sister's J-feeders and I don't like them... the food gets hung up on the 90 degree angle to the eating area. I spent more time digging food into the eating pan and out of the bin. That's why I haven't committed to J-feeders yet. I do like the idea I've seen with the PVC tubes and an elbow the rabbit sticks it's head into to eat but can't dig.

I would cut the holes just because I can't afford the waste. I have no idea if any of my buns would dump their food but I'm not giving them the chance. :lol:

wamplercathy":2ntnqcpe said:
I would cut the holes just because I can't afford the waste. I have no idea if any of my buns would dump their food but I'm not giving them the chance. :lol:

Most of my buns don't waste their food. But then, I don't have many rabbits. Sprinkles Wil sometimes dig in her feeder. My dutch doe just nibbled, daintily, from a shallow ceramic dish. The little buck spills his pellets sometimes, but he is in a solid bottom cage right now and eats them from the floor. I'll probably have to be a bit more circumspect when I have more rabbits to feed.

Latest posts

Back