How do I say this???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
I want to put some genetics on a pedigree in "proper" abbreviations...but I don't know how. I can articulate it in words, though. So in letters, what would these be?

Ruby eyed white; self-black under the REW, carries chocolate. (I don't know yet if he carries dilute, there's a 50/50 chance so I'm not worried about that til I can prove it one way or the other)

Self blue, carries chocolate, carries REW, and carries non-extension/tort.

The reason is, I have a couple kits from this pair that are REW, and who knows what they inherited from whom; so I plan to put some info on the parents color genetics on their pedigrees, so if I sell them the buyer will be informed. :)

Maybe on your pedigrees you can make a new column? It could say Carries and then list it.

So, like this.

Name: HHP's Chance
DOB: 01/01/12 Sex: Buck
Color: Black Otter
GC #: Reg #:
Legs: 1
Carries: Self, Dilute, Non-Extension

Thanks, Dood! :)

It's a good idea, HoppinHalfPints, but my pedigrees are the pre-made tear-out kind sold by ARBA, so I can't add columns and stuff. I ended up buying a booklet of blank pedigrees because I kept running out of room on the ones I was making, and got frustrated, LOL.

Back