How did I end up with more bunnies????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild1slilfarm

Reaction score
so yeasterday i bought a trio of really nice New Zealands 6wks and 4lbs every one of them :D , very exited about them..... then came the catch I had to take a Dutch buck with them, he is sooo ugly(horible markings but he's freindly)
Went over to the lady's house who picked the trio up for me to pay her and by th time I left i had 2 prego holland lops.. :shock:
I'm not shure how i managed this....the best part is they were FREE
so with in an hour I came home with 6 rabbits, we ate the dutch buck couldn't justify keeping him around

LOL... but they were FREE, how could you resist? Too funny that you already ate the Dutch!

Congrats on the NZ's! The hollands should have some cute babies- maybe you could sell them as pets?

Lol this happens to me sometimes...i cant let my sister and mom go to a show alone..ill end up with more rabbits then I want lol

I do the same thing. I went to get 1 angora doe need i remind you 1 rabbit. I came home with 3. I thought it was funny hubby didnt though (cause he had to build more cages and now hes having to expand our rabbitry lol. All I can get out of him right now is there goes my shed lol

I spent thirty dollars on gas to drive to a rabbitry yesterday and came home with NO bunnys, it was just too gross in her rabbit barn, i didnt want anything from there,i felt bad for the bunnys.

Toasted, I sure understand that one.Ive seen some horrendous (sp) conditions that poor animals have to endure

yea they are big bunnies, and i'm sorry toastedoat37, Cindi Davis and I have seen some pretty bad place this year ended up getting the rabbits just becouse I felt sorry for them, they were kept away from my other rabbits, the worst thing i have run across so far this year was this doe who was kept in a drit yard with 3 bucks, she is a broken blue but she looked yellow when i brought her home with her litter of 9 3wk old babies, the poor thing gave birth to a litter of 10 the fallowing week. I had talked to a few people around the area and together we figured she has had 6+ litters with no breaks, and being rebred as soon as she gave birth.

Yuck. I couldn't have my buns in any place I couldn't stand to drink a cup of coffee in. My barn is not very modern, nor in the best condition, but it's clean, and I will have everything painted in a few weeks, summer break is in two more days!!

skysthelimit":27qj00ep said:
Yuck. I couldn't have my buns in any place I couldn't stand to drink a cup of coffee in. My barn is not very modern, nor in the best condition, but it's clean, and I will have everything painted in a few weeks, summer break is in two more days!!

This is pretty much my attitude. Very little "state of the art" around my place, but everything is sanitary. I like having a cup of coffee or two, or three in the barn in the mornings.

toastedoat37":2jbud9ob said:
I spent thirty dollars on gas to drive to a rabbitry yesterday and came home with NO bunnys, it was just too gross in her rabbit barn, i didnt want anything from there,i felt bad for the bunnys.

Good call...it is hard to walk away and leave them, but you don't want to start with diseased or poor quality rabbits.

Latest posts

Back