Holey Moley Patooti Bootie ... 8.27 7wk~only a mom can love

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
whatever else you can say about this:

I was letting Dawn, my red NZ/Flemish doe(about 14 lbs), run about... well, I forgot that Wonder, my BEW lionhead buck (2 lbs tops), was in the corner of the yard doing his digging routine.... well, rabbits being rabbits... you got it. He succeeded.

So this is what happens when you get to be an old and absent-minded crazy lady ~~~ really weird kits to look forward to...

Attachments

• dawn.jpg
    dawn.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,549
  • Wonder, molted.jpg
    Wonder, molted.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,549
Been there, done that. It's how I started my efforts to get brokens in my NZ lines. Be prepared for gorgeous little puffballs. Example:

image.php

The first generation ended up all being single maned cuties. Generation two was a mix of single maned and non-maned. Generation three...we'll see come spring.

Well, looking at the bright side, at least it wasn't the other way around! Big buck and little mama might make for a not-so-good delivery... I'm guessing there won't be a size issue for her with these :lol: .

oh wow! I bet they will be adorable!
(and that goes to show it can be done... I have a very randy 2 lb Holland buck that i had to move this week because my Flemish X doe was getting sick of his attentions from next door!)

I've done the cross.

You will get a bunch of lionhead meat rabbits that will be drop dead gorgeous if they hold their manes as adults. if they don't they'll just look like wispy monsters. :) (I got about 1/2 1/2)

Back