Help! My bunny has fleas :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had fleas on their rabbits before?

I am in Florida and they are really bad this year..there are some on my rabbits what do I do :(
Any ideas are to getting rid of them..

I've seen them on rabbits once or twice. Maybe brought in by rodents or cats? It's not too common...sort of like, only certain rabbits were ever affected.

I just dust the rabbits. dropping pans, and the floor of the rabbitry with diatomaceous earth and they go away . :)

Hey Fiddler,
I'm several counties south of you, between Fort Myers and Labelle.
I'm sorry I can't help you, but will be watching for an answer to your question.
Glad you asked it. ;)
I've been really lucky with fleas, even though we live in the woods. I use Revolution on my Beagles and haven't had a problem. (Knock on wood.) :roll:
It would be nice to know what to do if my bunnies get em. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 pm __________ <br /><br />
Zass":2eevn5jy said:
I've seen them on rabbits once or twice. Maybe brought in by rodents or cats? It's not too common...sort of like, only certain rabbits were ever affected.

I just dust the rabbits. dropping pans, and the floor of the rabbitry with diatomaceous earth and they go away . :)
Thanks, Zass. :)

I stumbled upon this thread for needing help with fleas. I am confident the Home Remedies and Tips (tm) information at the following page will be useful, and there is too much there to summarize here:
http://homeremediesandtips.whw1.com/home/pests/7-top-home-remedies-to-kill-and-control-fleas. The info will help with fleas in home, garden, and on animals. Natural ways. :good-luck:

Here is the link in clickable forn.

http://www.homeremediesandtips.whw1.com ... trol-fleas

Please remember that just because something is natural, it doesn't necessarily mean it is safe -- or safe for all pets. What works on a dog may not be safe for a cat or bunny, so please double check before using any of these.

MaggieJ":3ijis970 said:
Here is the link in clickable form.

http://www.homeremediesandtips.whw1.com/home/pests/7-top-home-remedies-to-kill-and-control-fleas

Please remember that just because something is natural, it doesn't necessarily mean it is safe -- or safe for all pets. What works on a dog may not be safe for a cat or bunny, so please double check before using any of these.

At least two of the items say not to be used on Cats or indicate limitations. So, yes, read fully, and carefully.

Also, you don't need to go crazy with item 5 (DE) on that list. A small amount of usage will be just as effective, but people need to read what it says and notice that they need to wait at least 48 hours for results.

Yes yes yes! Caramel has fleas right now :evil: If you want you can check out the thread.

Oh I was gonna ask, how exactly do you put the DE on the rabbit? I can't think of how to without getting it in its eyes/nose. :?

Latest posts

Back