Help me pick?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disney

Reaction score
Hi,

I need satins from germany and i have been looking up an down the pas month.
And i've finally found a litter with available kits that i can get.
Normally i don't have a problem with picking one but now i need some help..
The reason i ask is because im going to pay big money for this so i want to make sure i make the right choice or i'll feel stupid for getting the wrong kit afterwards.

The dam
Kaninchenbild2972.jpg

The buck
Bild14840.jpg

1. satin doe, probably black tort vm + broken (false charlie)
Kaninchenbild6118.jpg

2. satin doe, harlequin vm
love her headshape!
Kaninchenbild6134.jpg

3. satin doe, chocolate harlequin vm
nice head!
Kaninchenbild6145.jpg

4. satin doe, black tort vm
Kaninchenbild6152.jpg

5. satin buck, vm + broken.. i think its choc based
great head shape but i cant take a buck! :(
Kaninchenbild6161.jpg

I prefer tort over harlequin and chocolate over black
I like a boney, square head, but i guess they'll all develop the same head since their parents both have good headshapes so i shouldn't worry about that part?

Which doe should i pick and why? (i can't have the buck).

God i'm so indecisive.. :oops: :?

if #2 doe colors out like the dam, she would be a lovely bunny, but looking at her back leg, it is sticking out to the side
may be she has pinched hips. the dam is showing the same thing. it could just be the way they are sitting for the picts.

#3 doe looks good, and she has the chocolate color you said you like.her back leg is sticking out a little too.
these are the two I would choose from.
I do not know anything about the small breed rabbits, so I looked at them the same way I would look at largeer rabbits.

Can't really help you because we are probably looking at different things than you are. I am in to body, and 1 and 3 look like the best bone in body to me. Color doesn't play into it for me.

Number 2 is my favourite. I think she has the best head, color and markings. Hard to tell bone/build from the pictures and without getting my hands on them or knowing what is ideal for a dwarf breed. The buck is REALLY nice too - shame you can't keep him!!

I like 2 and 3, those aren't the best pics for judging conformation, but they all look like nice little bunnies.

The black tort doe looks a little more "satinized" than the rest.. I am assuming you want the satin gene in your dwarfs? The buck of that litter doesn't look satin in the picture, maybe he is a carrier. Most of that litter looks normal furred to me. I would take that tort doe, she looks to have the most substance at this point in time. She also looks a little more like her mom who has a better body than the buck, he seems a little long in the shoulder.

Back