Hello From Montana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome! What kind of rabbits are you raising? I saw a Californian but not sure what the others are. Our family currently has Polish, Mini Rex, and Thriantas plus one lonely New Zealand.

Hi, The smaller white doe is an NZW, the grey/white and brown/white mottled does are NZW and Giant Chin., the black doe is FG/ Giant Chin. and the brown doe is FG/NZW

Hello Jake! welcome. this place is great for getting advice and info. I am in Bonners Ferry Idaho, not so far from you all. I raise meat mutts and Flemish Giants.

Oooooh, Montana! That's on my boyfriend and I's list of "Potential Places to Settle". Lovely country up there, I used to live down in Wyoming.

Welcome! Lovely rabbits, by the way.

Thanks all, one quick question, do any of you tattoo rabbits that you're not going to show, I was thinking it might be a good idea to tattoo atleast the does and their kits that I'm going to keep for breeding stock to make sure and keep track of who's who

Thanks, Jake

Thanks all, one quick question, do any of you tattoo rabbits that you're not going to show, I was thinking it might be a good idea to tattoo atleast the does and their kits that I'm going to keep for breeding stock to make sure and keep track of who's who

Thanks, Jake

i don't tattoo the litters that i'm gonna sell as meat, but all my brood bucks and does are tatooed. otherwise i can't have a full pedigree, and if you ever wanted to have your rabbit registered, you have to have a full ped.

Welcome, Jake! I am sure you will love the forum. It is a great place to learn. No matter how many books you have read, there is always something new that crops up! It is wonderful to have the cumulative experiences of so many others at your fingertips.

I tattoo all of mine. That may change as I become more proficient at judging which kits are most promising at an earlier age, but for now it works for me. Plus you get more practice tattooing that way, and I definitely need that!

Thanks, I have my tattoo clamp(got the model with ear release, seemed like it was worth the few extra clams) is it possible to tattoo a rabbit by yourself, as I talked to my wife about helping tattoo the new rabbz I got the flat out "no way, I don't want the bunnies to hate me" :lol: :lol:

I have my daughter hold the bunnies for me. Some people manage it alone, but I wouldn't try it, at least not this early in the game. The bunnies wont hate you or your wife... but you might injure some trying to do it by yourself. For their sake she should reconsider. She can give them something yummy to eat afterwards!

I think she just might go for that, also, since all my rabbits(except my Buck, General Sterling Price) are mutts and thusly un-pedigree-able it really shouldn't make any difference what their tatts read, should it?
I have a system of letters and numbers I've thought up that will hopefully work OK

Here are some posts on tattooing:

post47821.html?hilit=Tattoo#p47821
questions-about-tattooing-t6094.html?hilit=Tattoo
new-to-this-couple-of-questions-t4964.html?hilit=Tattoo
question-about-tattooing-t5514.html?hilit=tattoo
question-about-tattoos-t4500.html?hilit=tattoo

lostcreekrabbits":1pjq5uoq said:

Thanks, Jake

I tattoo everything at around 6-8 weeks (6 for the big breeds, otherwise they get too big to handle quick). Its easier for me to track my stock.

Back