height of babysaver and a first aid question...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucesquatch

Reaction score
One of my little kits (about 8 days old) rolled out of the cage and a bird or cat cut into one front paw pretty deep and a rear paw (on the other side) just a bad. There is blood, but the kit is warm and moving (some) the wounded limbs are twitching and the kit is breathing and moving...any ideas on outlook?

Also, my cages don't have babysaver wire in them, so I am planning to install an 'aftermarket' solution, clearly I need it...anyway, how tall should the babysaver be?

Thanks all!

Poor baby... sounds like pretty minor injuries, though. If you have some Vetericyn, Blu-Kote, or Nu-Stock, you can put any of them on the injuries. I haven't found anything but Vetericyn yet, and haven't been able to fit that into my budget, so I just put some triple antibiotic ointment on things like that. :)

You don't need to put it on really thick for a little baby, just smear it nicely. Mom might clean it off, so reapply if needed for a day or two. It should heal up well.

Babysaver wire is typically installed for 4" up the wall. I had to do "aftermarket" on mine, too... I cannibalized some old floor wire I was replacing, cut it into 4" strips, and J-clipped it on the outside.

well, we lost him...but we gave it a good shot.

Thanks for the first aid tips...his wounds were treated, at least the ones I could see...

Thanks,

Sorry for the loss. I also vote for the 4 inch baby saver wire. It is not a difficult retrofit.

Latest posts

Back