Heathertoft Artworks (updated 12/1/13, p. 3)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":xlob0ljf said:
OneAcreFarm":xlob0ljf said:
That, my friend, is pretty darn impressive! :)
YES. :yeahthat:

I can't imagine what about using a stylus or your fingertip on a pad, and watching it appear on the screen, would not be HARDER than using a pencil and watching it appear on the paper.

And drawing with a mouse? That's just... freakishly hard. I've done it before.

Thanks! :) It does take a while to disconnect looking at your hand/pencil and instead looking at the screen, but once you get used to it, it is okay. My issue is I keep subtly turning the tablet and then whoops, I tried to draw a horizontal line, WHY IS IT VERTICAL?! :lol:

Did another rabbitry logo!!! :) This one for an English Angora breeder...went CRAZY with fur texture since that's about all there is to an EA. ;)

LOVED it though! :)

WR-text-clearBG_zps6aa798f3.png

And as ALWAYS, my favorite "version" is the "sharp" version. Something about sharpening an image makes me go "OH YAY!"

WR-clearBG-sharp_zps5af7e8e5.png

I'm still open for these if anyone is interested. :mrgreen:

Good grief, you've got some serious talent there Kyle! These are awesome! :D

Not all works I do are stylized/semi-realistic...I also do cute and cartoony stuff as well as my own take on the MLP: FiM style. YES, I'M A BRONY, let's not make a big deal out of it. ;)

So I've been sitting on this one for a long time, actually, as the commissioner bought it for some friends and wanted it to stay a secret until he gave it to them. :)

A faithful donkey fans his beautiful queen, while a loyal pinto stallion feeds grapes to his noble king. :) All "original characters" of course. ;)

1375108_622908024419339_1009227344_n.jpg

I need more people to commission me for MLP stuff. SRSLY.

This stuff is all so cool! Wow. I like to draw/paint/etc., but I'm terrible at it. So impressed with people who are actually talented.

You doing that with your mouse, man. @.@ Uuuugh.

MaggieJ":8i6oek68 said:
Kyle, you could illustrate children's picture books. You should look into it. Illustrators used to do much better than writers at that kind of thing.

:yeahthat:

Do eeeeeet! I would love to see you illustrate a children's book. :eek: That would be awesome. Heck, I'd love you to illustrate my books, and they're YA/adult books, just because I like art. :lol: Maybe see if you can partner up for a webcomic or graphic novel, even? :p

Cspr":p60ezvfr said:
This stuff is all so cool! Wow. I like to draw/paint/etc., but I'm terrible at it. So impressed with people who are actually talented.

You doing that with your mouse, man. @.@ Uuuugh.

LOL only the grulla horse was with a mouse. The rest is a drawing tablet. :)

But thankyas!!! :D

Wheels":p60ezvfr said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":p60ezvfr said:
I need more people to commission me for MLP stuff. SRSLY.

I love your ponies :) I've had a thought of a character but never executed the design

Well I work cheap comparatively. ;)

I love doing MLP themed stuff!!!! It's just fun. :D

MaggieJ":p60ezvfr said:
Kyle, you could illustrate children's picture books. You should look into it. Illustrators used to do much better than writers at that kind of thing.

I'd like to, I'd really, REALLY like to!!! I just don't have a story to illustrate. :(

Cspr":p60ezvfr said:
MaggieJ":p60ezvfr said:

:yeahthat:

Do eeeeeet! I would love to see you illustrate a children's book. :eek: That would be awesome. Heck, I'd love you to illustrate my books, and they're YA/adult books, just because I like art. :lol: Maybe see if you can partner up for a webcomic or graphic novel, even? :p

I actually have ideas floating around for three different concepts for graphic novels...one about a mule born within a Mustang herd (titled "Mulestang"), another about a zebra struggling with a self-identity crisis, and another where a long-dead Egyptian Pharaoh is reincarnated as a cat in the modern world. :) All seem like a lot of fun to do...I just haven't chosen which one to follow up with and frankly my time is awful darn limited right now.

But in preparation I've been studying comic book and graphic novel composition, read a few books on how to transition smoothly and what NOT to do, LOL. :D Someday when I get around to it, it'll be awesome. :)

Oh wow, the idea of a novel with an Egyptian pharoah reincarnated as a cat sounds awesome! Im really big into Egyptian mythology, especially anything to do with Bastet, so that definitely speaks to me. If you ever make that I'll need to buy a copy...or three...or five :D

DarayTala":d8iqqvsz said:
Oh wow, the idea of a novel with an Egyptian pharoah reincarnated as a cat sounds awesome! Im really big into Egyptian mythology, especially anything to do with Bastet, so that definitely speaks to me. If you ever make that I'll need to buy a copy...or three...or five :D

My idea is this...he was a brat of a Pharaoh and his curse is that he has one lifetime as a cat to figure out the puzzle laid forth by his gods in order to gain access to the afterlife. :) He meets a new friend who helps him cope with modern stuff (such as DON'T PLAY IN THE ROAD, cat versus car does NOT work out well for most cats!) but I can't decide if his new friend should be a gray fox or another cat. Decisions, decisions... ;)

My dearly departed Cocker, Bingerton (aka Strokeface), will cameo as a wise old dog. *sage nod*

The biggest impediment to that idea is the fact that I royally suck at drawing cars and buildings and man-made stuff. :( And for at least part of it, there's a LOT of that! However I'm also weighing it against how much FUN anything Egyptian is to draw...plus I just really wanna draw a scene where Osiris and Bast are wagering if he'll succeed or not, to Anubis's dismay. I imagine he'd disapprove of such shenanigans. :cool:

But then I remind myself that the other two stories don't involve man-made structures and how much I love to draw equines, and I get all kerfluffled. :(

In other news, been prodded at to take up sculpting and doll-making. Sorely tempted...been years since I did any real sculpting. :)<br /><br />__________ Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm __________<br /><br />......also just remembered, any day I can come up with a reason to draw Ammut is a GOOD day. :) She will of course gleefully tell the Pharaoh that she'll chew his soul carefully before swallowing if he fails, muahahahahaaa. :twisted:

amandainohio24":1ficzizi said:
Kyle, I am so envious of your talent! You do an amazing job with the artwork you have shown us.

Thanks! :)

Wheels":1ficzizi said:
Do you charge by piece or by hours? I do print layout/production professionally I charge by the hour. :) but a catalog or billboard is not the same as an illustration

By the piece...I'm too small-time to be able to charge hourly. ;)

Kyle, everything looks AWESOME! Do you do tutorials at all? I'm currently trying to draw this wolf, and I did 1 version of it ok, but now I'm trying to draw a bigger one and its just turning out like crap :| and annoying me. Really, At this point I'm only proud of my eyes since they turn out freaking awesome. Sorta. Lol.the shape is off, though the coloring always looks awesome. But that's about it. Hehe.

How much are your commissions? I have 2 MLPs who need art, :p

I just re-wrote my whole commissions page, LOL. But I think $10 per MLP. :3

And thanks! :D I haven't done any tutorials but I could, come to think of it.

__________ Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:25 pm __________

Christmas Cardigan Corgi commission (say THAT five times fast) for a friend!! Cartoony take on four of her dogs (she has more, but asked for these four specifically, LOL), from left to right: Tess, Tempi, Caleb, and Simon!!!

1459689_641638102546331_577566000_n.jpg

Over the next couple of days, will be posting MOAR ARTS...specifically a few rabbitry logos. :) I'm having some issues with my shading style though, LOL. Fffffail.

Kyle@theHeathertoft":1jzk4h75 said:
__________ Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:25 pm __________

Christmas Cardigan Corgi commission (say THAT five times fast) for a friend!! Cartoony take on four of her dogs (she has more, but asked for these four specifically, LOL), from left to right: Tess, Tempi, Caleb, and Simon!!!

1459689_641638102546331_577566000_n.jpg

Over the next couple of days, will be posting MOAR ARTS...specifically a few rabbitry logos. :) I'm having some issues with my shading style though, LOL. Fffffail.

Luv these !!! certainly catches the personalities of the different dogs . :lol:

Latest posts

Back