Harlequin angora color question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judymac

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have been working on an article illustrating the different harlequin patterns in angora (could be any Angora breed: French, English, Satin, Giant, German, Fuzzy Lop, Jersey Wooly). I have photos of some of them, but am missing quite a few. Might anyone have harlequin angora photos they would be willing to share? (If so, let me know how you want your photo to be credited.)

Of the magpie varieties, I am missing Lilac Magpie. (Magpies are chinchilla based, with pearl white instead of yellow sections.)
Of the barred Harlequins, I'm missing blue and chocolate. (Barred are the ones with a line down the center of their back and opposite blocks of color.)
Of the banded Harlequins, I'm missing blue and lilac. (Banded harlequins have alternating bands of light and dark across their entire body.)
Of the brindled Harlequins, I'm missing blue, chocolate, and lilac. (Brindles have a hodge-podge mixture of dark and light hairs, with no discernable pattern.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely want a link to this article if its made public! As for help with pics, at some point in the future I hope to have a variety of some of these, but right now I only have a broken blue harlequin satin angora(she's the start of my new project).

Attachments

• IMG_20240114_165731.jpg
    IMG_20240114_165731.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240114_165733.jpg
    IMG_20240114_165733.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 0
What a beautiful girl! That's sure some dark color saturation, on my screen the blue looks dark enough to be black. Just lovely, thank you so much.
You're welcome! She does have such a rich tone, we took pics in the shade and the sun and the sun pics showed off how shiny and vibrate her fur really looked. The blue is definitely a very deep blue, i thought it was more black until I compared her to one of my black rabbits, definitely bluer

I would also try reaching out to Heart of Texas rabbitry (its who I got this doe from), she may have pics of the other rabbits from that litter, I think she did have a black harlequin and blue harlequin, not broken.

I have been working on an article illustrating the different harlequin patterns in angora (could be any Angora breed: French, English, Satin, Giant, German, Fuzzy Lop, Jersey Wooly). I have photos of some of them, but am missing quite a few. Might anyone have harlequin angora photos they would be willing to share? (If so, let me know how you want your photo to be credited.)

Of the magpie varieties, I am missing Lilac Magpie. (Magpies are chinchilla based, with pearl white instead of yellow sections.)
Of the barred Harlequins, I'm missing blue and chocolate. (Barred are the ones with a line down the center of their back and opposite blocks of color.)
Of the banded Harlequins, I'm missing blue and lilac. (Banded harlequins have alternating bands of light and dark across their entire body.)
Of the brindled Harlequins, I'm missing blue, chocolate, and lilac. (Brindles have a hodge-podge mixture of dark and light hairs, with no discernable pattern.)

I have a harlequin English Angora. She is blue/fawn. I can post a pic of her if you want to see if she is what you are looking for.

Here is my baby. I can get better pics if you need them. She will be 3 months end of the month.

Attachments

• 20240113_151314.jpg
    20240113_151314.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240113_151421.jpg
    20240113_151421.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
She's lovely! Would it be possible to get photos with the light on the side of the rabbits facing the camera, so the pattern and colors show up clearer? That would be fabulous.

Attachments

• DSC_3969.JPG
    DSC_3969.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3970.JPG
    DSC_3970.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3971.JPG
    DSC_3971.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3972.JPG
    DSC_3972.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3973.JPG
    DSC_3973.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3974.JPG
    DSC_3974.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3975.JPG
    DSC_3975.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3976.JPG
    DSC_3976.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
Look what I just found on a craigslist ad! It's a harlequin himalayan! I am super tempted to go get it! (Good grief, as if I don't have enough experiments going on right now.) But I have written asking for more information about it.
View attachment 40131
You know I'm laughing because we keep adding to our herd. A new colour??!!! Yes@!! Potato chips would be cheaper...Although, I don't eat them so they can't be better.

Definitely want a link to this article if its made public! As for help with pics, at some point in the future I hope to have a variety of some of these, but right now I only have a broken blue harlequin satin angora(she's the start of my new project).
wouldn't a broken blue harlequin be a tricolour??? Or are you meaning a broken blue magpie? I'm very confused.

Look what I just found on a craigslist ad! It's a harlequin himalayan! I am super tempted to go get it! (Good grief, as if I don't have enough experiments going on right now.) But I have written asking for more information about it.
View attachment 40131
how would you know it's a Himalayan and not just some cross bred mutt? Cause honestly to me.... looks like a crossbred. It's not all long and lean like himalayan's are.

Latest posts

Back